Aberdeen Thread or Gypsy Thread

James Dickson

Creator, Aberdeen Thread
Apr 23, 2016
Hi Ben2__Ben2,

I suppose it would depend on what you mean by great difference? When it was independently reviewed by the team at the Wizard Product Review it was described as a 'Game Changer' however, a similarity exists because Gypsy thread and Aberdeen thread are both examples of the same plot which is torn and restored thread. Aberdeen thread has quite a few advantages over what I would call the standard handling of gypsy thread.

1) The set up is easier and quicker
2) I carry around 20 lengths either in my wallet or wrapped around a marker saving pocket space (standard gypsy thread has a reset that you have to do in private or you have to carry around multiple spools of thread all set-up which takes up room especially during walk around gigs)
3) The whole length of the thead can be shown, and hands shown empty
4) Everytime I have done Aberdeen thread it has never tangled an issue that can affect Gypsy thread
5) Aberdeen thread can be done impromptu without any set up

Hope that helps,

James

James Dickson

Creator, Aberdeen Thread
Apr 23, 2016
Glad you found it helpful, just to be clear though I never said instant reset nor clean-ending in my post. You don't reuse the thread so it doesn't reset, you can have lots set-up so that you can do multiple performances and the impromptu version will allow you not to have to set anything up but I think instant reset implies something else. As far as ending clean I do teach a way to end clean after the reveal in the download if someone wishes but I think most people will find it unnecessary to do so. I just wanted to be very clear on those points so that there is no misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

James

Jan 29, 2017
Nottinghamshire
I appreciate that. I'm not too cut and dry about instant resets, just favour the impromptu. Like having a blue card in a red deck - it's not a problem, but you have to use that as an opener. As you say, multiple pieces can be ready without taking up too much room

Thanks for clearing it up

Jan 29, 2017
Nottinghamshire
Just to close this off. I got this yesterday. I love it! As clean as it can get and yes, this can be ready to go without taking up too much space. Great instructions, too. Unboxing and (strictly method-free) review video to follow when my handling is great. Thanks again

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results