About Schwing.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
I was just wondering if Mr.Kenner was at all inspired by "arise comrades" by Eric Mason (Pabular Vol.1 No.8 Page 118-119) as they are the same effect with almost identical methods, so I was just wondering if Chris Kenner acknowledges Eric Mason or Fred Robinson anywhere for the idea or even if he was aware of it.

Sep 1, 2007
sactown, cali
actually krenel and kaufman published a rising card before both of these methods its called on the up and up. but previous to these rising effects I came up with ak47 jam arise.theres nothing funner than a history lesson.

Sep 1, 2007
Ceres, Ca.
I was just wondering if Mr.Kenner was at all inspired by "arise comrades" by Eric Mason (Pabular Vol.1 No.8 Page 118-119) as they are the same effect with almost identical methods, so I was just wondering if Chris Kenner acknowledges Eric Mason or Fred Robinson anywhere for the idea or even if he was aware of it.

I don't know if Mr Kenner credited Mason or Robinson, but I looked at the version in PABULAR and watched the video with Mr Kenner performing SCHWING and on the surface there seems to be a difference in handling as far as the finger movement goes.

Like "Farell" : I haven't bought Mr. Kenners' effect, so I can't say whom was credited in the video version but if "Farrell" would have taken the time to look in TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL (Schwing) on page 98 you'll see not only Mason and Robinson credited but the secret work being put in the card is credited to THE VERNON CHRONICLES.

Dave

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Speaking of schwing. I got schwing yesterday, it is good to know.

I personally like motion on DG's projects better just because.

But it is great to know and worth the 5 bucks.

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007

I did credit both Eric Mason and Fred Robinson in my book but I do not think the method is the same at all. Just for the record I have access to a very extensive library for reference and the idea of a rising card using just your pinky to make the card rise is mentioned in several books in the 1800's without credit to any one person.

I gave the credit to Eric Mason and Fred Robinson becasue that is who most modern historians give the credit to for any kind of one handed rising card.

Chris Kenner

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results