Absolut Vodka and Tactical Field Bikes?

I saw an auction on ebay with a buy it now price of 9.99 for an absolut vodka deck.
Is this a good deal for this deck?
Also, What are tactical field bicycles??? I have heard of them but not entirely sure of what the difference is. If someone could help me out with either of these questions that would be great!
Thanks,
Michael

I saw an auction on ebay with a buy it now price of 9.99 for an absolut vodka deck.
Is this a good deal for this deck?
Also, What are tactical field bicycles??? I have heard of them but not entirely sure of what the difference is. If someone could help me out with either of these questions that would be great!
Thanks,
Michael
Tactical Field Bikes are the cards given to the U.S. Army that are able to withstand the extreme weather conditions on the battlefield. I remember hearing about a partnership with Absolut Vodka and Bicycle, but I don't recall the details.

Tactical Field Deck: www.tacticalfielddeck.com

Quoted from the site:

"The United States Playing Card Co. in conjunction with The United States Military came together to create a playing card for their soldiers that would not stand out to the enemy, survive the rough conditions normal playing cards wither in, and that would be able to be used under cover at night with a map light."

Mitchell

I've heard something about Dan and Dave using the deck in their whatistheory11.com artist teaser. I'm not 100% sure, I read it around the forums. But, if they've used it, it must be at least half-decent....although I may be wrong =]

-RA69

I've heard something about Dan and Dave using the deck in their whatistheory11.com artist teaser. I'm not 100% sure, I read it around the forums. But, if they've used it, it must be at least half-decent....although I may be wrong =]

-RA69
Yeah I know they used it in their teaser and I have heard they are plastic coated but I'm not sure.
Thanks,
Michael

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
About the tacticals..
There are only sold on military bases in the BX/PX stores. They are designed for the average military man. They have a different finish which makes them less likely to warp. They last longer than bikes. I like them because they can take the beating i put them through. They are great for flourishing because they hold the packet well, but they dont fan good at all. I like them, and i have got 4 more decks after this one to go through, i recommend them!

I don't know, maybe he wanted a cardist's perspective?

Yeah sort of I just wanted to know about how they handeled and what flourishes thought about them because I probabely wouldn't use them for magic but the tactical part proabebly could have gone in the general because I had no idea what they were in general. But I am trying not to clutter up the forums and make two threads when one would do.
Michael

Sep 1, 2007
You should get the Absolut Deck for $10. Its kind of rare and very unique feeling and soft. The faces are also hideously ugly. Use it for your cuts and it'll come in handy if you're partying, they have drink recipes on the non-face cards.

You should get the Absolut Deck for $10. Its kind of rare and very unique feeling and soft. The faces are also hideously ugly. Use it for your cuts and it'll come in handy if you're partying, they have drink recipes on the non-face cards.

I would but I'm thirteen, maybe in a few years. And I'm very disappointed to say someone bought the deck before I was able to. :mad::confused::(
Thanks for the advice all you guys I'll keep lookin,
Michael

Feb 23, 2008
Hey,
I just purchased 5 decks of Vodkas for the equivalent of $5 a deck so if i were you head over to the dan and dave forums that's were i got mine from and you can get them for good prices. They havn't arrived yet so i cant tell you what they're like but from what i've heard they're very good cards: last long, interesting designs, handle well etc etc.

yeh so basicallyy you can get vodkas at the minute for less that $10 a deck.

-:// Matt //:-

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
The Absolut decks are pretty unique in both looks and feel. Its really hard to compare them to any other deck out there. I dont suggest buying more than one deck at first until you know if you like them or not, but you really should do that for ALL decks.

Also, yes, this deck was produced by the USPC.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results