Abyss The Revolutionary Coin In Bottle by The Enchantment

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Has anyone heard anything about this CIB? It sounds very good, and is only $12.71 USD on Penguin, and I've been thinking about ordering it, but I haven't heard any reviews yet.

Sep 2, 2007
I was checking out the trailer for it on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D8VeVu6hyU, and it looked unnatural to me.

First, the label is removed, which would makes bottle look altered, or at least that's what an audience would say -- "Hey, $#@*# you need to remove the label to make the coin go through the bottle?" Also, at the end of it, there's a disclaimer that says "coin is too big to get out of bottle" -- "Hey, magic-man if you can put a coin in the bottle, then why can't you $%%#$!$#@%&*# take it out."

I don't know, it doesn't look like an effect for me -- $13.00 is nice and cheap, but there may be a reason for it.

However, this is all speculation since I do not have it. I would like to hear more thoughts on the effect, though.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have it, but why would you want the coin to be smaller than the mouth of the bottle? It's not a disclaimer.

Also if you could do it with something bigger than the mouth of the bottle surely you could do it with something smaller.

And even if someone says can you take it out I say" Why would I want to take it out, that wouldn't be magical at all." Also you could just have them cut the bottle open and take out the coin. it seems a hell of a lot more magicial when it can't fit through the mouth of the girl, I mean bottle.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
To me the label being on or off doesn't make a difference, but I don't care for the bottom-of-bottle penetration. I think you could do it through the side, but most of the demo clip was a bottom penetration, and for me that just isn't as visual.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I was checking out the trailer for it on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D8VeVu6hyU, and it looked unnatural to me.

First, the label is removed, which would makes bottle look altered, or at least that's what an audience would say -- "Hey, $#@*# you need to remove the label to make the coin go through the bottle?" Also, at the end of it, there's a disclaimer that says "coin is too big to get out of bottle" -- "Hey, magic-man if you can put a coin in the bottle, then why can't you $%%#$!$#@%&*# take it out."

I don't know, it doesn't look like an effect for me -- $13.00 is nice and cheap, but there may be a reason for it.

However, this is all speculation since I do not have it. I would like to hear more thoughts on the effect, though.

Cheers,
JTM

Um, what???

This attitude would imply that you don't like ANY coin in bottle. The lable is removed so you can actually see in better, and also, actually reveals the absence of tampering.

Again, as for the size of the coin, that is also kinda the point.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
To me the label being on or off doesn't make a difference, but I don't care for the bottom-of-bottle penetration. I think you could do it through the side, but most of the demo clip was a bottom penetration, and for me that just isn't as visual.

Most, but not all, they quite clearly show a side penetration.

Also, usually, the classic coin in bottle was done by slamming the coin through the BOTTOM of the bottle.

Sep 2, 2007
This attitude would imply that you don't like ANY coin in bottle.

Well, we'll have to wait and see, since Bullet and Factory Sealed have not come out. But, yes, most of the coin in bottle effects that I have seen, I have not liked.

The lable is removed so you can actually see in better, and also, actually reveals the absence of tampering.

The label isn't covering the part where the penetration occurs -- if someone were to perform a pentration effect to me with a bottle without its label, I would considered it to be tampered, though it may not be.

Again, as for the size of the coin, that is also kinda the point.

The cap is there to prevent the coin from falling out, so why can't I use a smaller coin like a penny that does fall out of the mouth.

I don't know -- maybe it's me (it probably is, the Red Sox are winning :(, so I might be biased :D) -- but I would like to see it performed, not just the effect because there's too much left to the imagination.

Cheers,
JTM

Cheers,

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
The cap is there to prevent the coin from falling out, so why can't I use a smaller coin like a penny that does fall out of the mouth.

But think about it, if you use a Quarter they audience will know that you didn't just somehow get it through the neck since the quarter is larger. It also adds to the effect that the bottle is sealed and full of liquid.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
The label being removed is to enchance the effect, it is to allow the specs to see everything fairly, show there's nothing hidden, show there are no cuts etc, and to allow for a completely open display during the effect.
If having a bottle with no label looks suspicious to you then remove the label in front of the specs... this way it won't seem suspicious.

Hey Dark,

I do have this. There is some set-up involved which is a little tricky. Also the coin can not be signed as it can be in Sinful. If you're looking for an impromptu do anywhere trick, I would put my money toward Sinful. If you have the time and place for set-up $13.00 is a fair price for Abyss, I paid more.

Hope this helps.

Aug 31, 2007
Review from the Magic Cafe, posted by Wells34 (thanks).
-------------------------------------------------------------
This is the new Abyss. It is not the one that came out years ago.

When the original Abyss came out, the premise of an ungimmicked large coin trapped inside an ungimmicked bottle was not possible or available. Gimmicked coins and gimmicked bottles were the methods at use in cib effects. Abyss made it possible to give away the impossible souvenir and made a big (revolutionary if you will) change in world of coin in bottle magic.

How does the recent release compare to the original?
The new one called Abyss – The Revolutionary Coin in Bottle
The bottle can be empty or factory sealed
Methods are different
Set-up time is less
No clean-up
More practical
More visual
Easier to do
The original Abyss was a strong effect with a remarkable souvenir for a lasting impression. But it was not the sort of trick you’d just do on a whim. This new one is the kind of thing you can do on a whim with a few moments of prep.
The set-up for each depends on the method you use. In the original Abyss if you use the “Self-working method” and the alternative set-up then the set-up time is cut in half and there is no clean-up. To do the same effect with the new release the set-up time is a breeze in around 20 secs. (probably less) and you need not carry anything with you. The set-up time prior to performing the signed small coin in factory sealed bottle performance is around 15-20 secs.
The sealed bottle is the real thing. It is 100% completely sealed, unbroken, untampered.
The price (around $15) is a little more than the original but could have and should have been considerably higher. The product, packaging, and instructions are all high quality. You get a lot with this. Lots of original and useful methods and secrets. Lots of possibilities. Lots of things you will learn and take with you. And lots of things you can’t get anywhere else. There are techniques and submissions explained that are truly novel. There are multiple methods taught for everything. And there are multiple effects and presentations. All you need to have or carry with you is a dollar bill and you can do a lot of them. As mentioned in another thread. The set-up is as fast, as practical, and as easy as conceivably possible. Your mind will go crazy with possibilities. The trick is easy enough someone new to magic could do it right away (but that would be wrong). The effect is beyond impossible. The impossible BIG coin in factory SEALED bottle amazes me and I can’t help but marvel at it. Its beautiful. It is such an impossible thing, yet so easy to accomplish. The ad is true and accurate.

There is a demo here-
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/abyss-the-revolutionary-coin-in-bottle-by-the-enchantment-p-5052.html

Just ordered it along with Cardshark with Darwin Ortiz. Had been looking for that book for a very long time, glad it's in print for now.

That review makes it sound impossible, especially the part with the bottle not being tampered with and 100% factory sealed.

brian.

Sep 24, 2007
hello there,

I do have a book out on bottle penetrations called Lucid Dreams,

In it are 2 coin in bottles, a ring in bottle, a key in bottle and a card in bottle.

Some peole in here may already have it and a lot of pro's have praised it. I'm not here to advertise just make you aware that there is an alternative.

If you want to do a cib with a borrowed bottle and borrowed signed coin then you owe it to yourself to check it out.

If you want a super visual penetration that leaves the spectator with a HUGE coin in the bottle then LUCID is for you.

A super visual signed card to borrowed bottle,

a borrowed ring to borrowed bottle.

a borrowed key into a factory sealed bottle.

too much to go into here without sounding like an advert

its at www.projectmaverick.co.za - many demo videos there.

Sep 14, 2007
I don't know -- maybe it's me (it probably is, the Red Sox are winning :(, so I might be biased :D) -- but I would like to see it performed, not just the effect because there's too much left to the imagination.

Cheers,
JTM

Cheers,

GO RED SOX!

(lol) anyways, the trick sounds cool. Some q's are answered in the product reviews section.

Sep 14, 2007
Review from the Magic Cafe, posted by Wells34 (thanks).
-------------------------------------------------------------
This is the new Abyss. It is not the one that came out years ago.

When the original Abyss came out, the premise of an ungimmicked large coin trapped inside an ungimmicked bottle was not possible or available. Gimmicked coins and gimmicked bottles were the methods at use in cib effects. Abyss made it possible to give away the impossible souvenir and made a big (revolutionary if you will) change in world of coin in bottle magic.

How does the recent release compare to the original?
The new one called Abyss – The Revolutionary Coin in Bottle
The bottle can be empty or factory sealed
Methods are different
Set-up time is less
No clean-up
More practical
More visual
Easier to do
The original Abyss was a strong effect with a remarkable souvenir for a lasting impression. But it was not the sort of trick you’d just do on a whim. This new one is the kind of thing you can do on a whim with a few moments of prep.
The set-up for each depends on the method you use. In the original Abyss if you use the “Self-working method” and the alternative set-up then the set-up time is cut in half and there is no clean-up. To do the same effect with the new release the set-up time is a breeze in around 20 secs. (probably less) and you need not carry anything with you. The set-up time prior to performing the signed small coin in factory sealed bottle performance is around 15-20 secs.
The sealed bottle is the real thing. It is 100% completely sealed, unbroken, untampered.
The price (around $15) is a little more than the original but could have and should have been considerably higher. The product, packaging, and instructions are all high quality. You get a lot with this. Lots of original and useful methods and secrets. Lots of possibilities. Lots of things you will learn and take with you. And lots of things you can’t get anywhere else. There are techniques and submissions explained that are truly novel. There are multiple methods taught for everything. And there are multiple effects and presentations. All you need to have or carry with you is a dollar bill and you can do a lot of them. As mentioned in another thread. The set-up is as fast, as practical, and as easy as conceivably possible. Your mind will go crazy with possibilities. The trick is easy enough someone new to magic could do it right away (but that would be wrong). The effect is beyond impossible. The impossible BIG coin in factory SEALED bottle amazes me and I can’t help but marvel at it. Its beautiful. It is such an impossible thing, yet so easy to accomplish. The ad is true and accurate.

There is a demo here-
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/abyss-the-revolutionary-coin-in-bottle-by-the-enchantment-p-5052.html

Ohkay...this trick is totally on my list. By the way, can you put in other items other than coins?

Also, do you need any duplicate coins? Basically can the coin be signed?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results