ACAAN criss angel

Jul 6, 2014
does anyone know the method / origin of this trick as performed by criss angel? I've seen other variations, but this one is the most impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xpnWNEBCCQ

I suppose the people could have been in on it, but I'd like to think it's a legit. trick. Any suggestions greatly appreciated :) Thanks guys and gals

Sep 2, 2007
London
Let's think about the conditions this trick was performed under. The deck is totally out of shot when the cards are being dealt, there are about a million cuts, the deck is only ever handled by the performer, the two participants are pre-selected off camera (and, let's be honest, probably stooges). So, any version of Any Card at Any Number would pretty much have this beat.

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
TeeDee pretty much nailed this one on the head but if you want something that looks and feels similar if not better, look into AACAAN by Asi Wind. It is on D&D's site and I believe he also published n earlier version in his Chapter One DVD/book.

Jul 6, 2014
Wow, Asi Wind's version of ACAAN is exactly like the one criss angel did, only for real.

Does anyone know if that is the version available in his book "Chapter One"? I noticed he has it available for download for 20 dollars (the version criss angel did in the video), I'm assuming its better than the version in his book?

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
I'm pretty sure that they're the same save for the fact that one is a video and one is a book. He probably goes into more detail in the dedicated release from d&d.

PS: If you don't already use a m******ed deck, you should learn one first and get then hang of it before you invest in an effect that requires the use of a m******ed deck.

Jul 6, 2014
Just for posterity, I bought Asi Winds version. It is pretty similar to the version Criss Angel uses in that video. I'm very happy with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results