Ace to Z-magic vs. G::Wadstrand 'Ace trick'

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
They were both very good. In the end I voted for G:: purely because the whole thing seemed so much more atmospheric and magical. Even though the trick was less flashy and visual, it came across as impossible. Just my thoughts.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
They were both very good. In the end I voted for G:: purely because the whole thing seemed so much more atmospheric and magical. Even though the trick was less flashy and visual, it came across as impossible. Just my thoughts.

Thank you Randomwrath!

Keep the comments coming!

Gustav

I vote for G. His was more fun to watch, which is 70% of the battle since you are both doing similar routines.

If I was you G, I would add a dash of flash to keep it from getting boring. Maybe a slow, elegant, false, flourish after the second ace.

Ace -to-z magic, your shaky camera got on my nerves after a little while. Also it was kind of dark. Don't forget that while you can see just fine in dim light, your camera can't. Try raising the exposure level on your camera.

Good job guys!

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Thank you Joshua!

I did find it got a little slow, but that was the atmosphere I was trying to show. Smooth, elegant, and silky.

I will however, try to add some more flash'n'dash next time, to satisfy your thirst for flashiness ;)

Gustav

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I liked them both. As for the music, I perfer G::'s the most. As for the routine, I went with Ace to Z's. I guess I am a sucker for changes. It sometimes makes for a more magical moment (hope you enjoyed the alliteration). I did like how G:: had someone else cut the deck. I think that adds a bit more impossibility to it so that the spectators don't just think its the magician the entire time.

Chris

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Yeah also i voted for Gustav. The whole feeling of the performance was indeed "smooth and silky". Both did a great job though!

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I liked them both. As for the music, I perfer G::'s the most. As for the routine, I went with Ace to Z's. I guess I am a sucker for changes. It sometimes makes for a more magical moment (hope you enjoyed the alliteration). I did like how G:: had someone else cut the deck. I think that adds a bit more impossibility to it so that the spectators don't just think its the magician the entire time.

Chris

Sigh. Alliterations make my mornings more mellow.
Thank you for the comments, I am quite the sucker for changes too, but I felt like doing something a bit more elegant, more formal!

Gustav

Yeah also i voted for Gustav. The whole feeling of the performance was indeed "smooth and silky". Both did a great job though!

yay. You know you're the first person here who called me Gustav? Everyone else is just G, G::, Wadstrand, GW, W, whatever :)

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results