Advocate by d+M

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Advocate​

Effect:

This is only one of the effects that can be performed, so many can be made out of this "trick" which he as has created, so here is one of my favorite effects:

"A card is freely named by a spectator, the deck is handed to the spectator to make sure there card is in there and then they shuffle it. The deck is then handed back to you, with one cut and a spread, one card is different to all the rest, a different card completely. That card is then turned over, shown to be the freely named card" - (This is an effect he has written in the book but in my own words)

My Opinions:

In my opinion this is bloody fantastic, if you don't have it, buy it as quick as you can. What G said "You'll never leave home without it" is basically a fact. Once you have this, you can use it with so many variations it's unbelievable.

What you get:

What you get is a book explaining The Advocate along with 16 tricks which can be performed with it. (or a PDF if he sells it on his site). Certain tricks in there just aren't me but some are.

The gimmick:

There is a gimmick, which you create, it's easy to create and is truly fantastic. He explains how to create it and use it.

The tricks:

There are 16 tricks in this which he has noted, and an infinite amount of tricks you can create out of it. He explains how to do the tricks along with some tips.

I think this is the best possible review I could create without giving away the gimmick, I advise buying it as it is brilliant.

9.9 recurring / 10

Daniel, you've created a masterpiece.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Oh and lemme tell you a quick story:

My dad, who doesn't like any of the tricks I do, what I mean by that is that he always seems to know whats going on and is like a falcon, even when I perform biddle trick, triumph ect... Even when I performed Panic flawlessly he wasn't amazed, so I performed a Advocate trick today, the one I wrote about at the top. I shown the card of a completely deck when I spread the deck out, he was speechless and to quote him "What the ****, can I turn it over?" I said yes ofcourse and as he did, he said this "No ****ing way, how did you do that? Seriously?".
I didn't tell him ofcourse, and that has kind of made me happy inside, fooling my dad :D

J

J:G

i want this, i want this, i want this! i want it sooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!
as soon as it comes out i am buying it!!!!!!!!!

Lex

Dec 18, 2007
Chicago, IL
It's the concept that has me sold. I like the idea of the deck of cards plus this little gimmick being your "advocate." That strikes me a poetic, and fits my ways very nicely.

But then again, I'm "that type of guy." Concepts can impress me. But it also meant I learned how to ride a bike by reading a book first to grasp the concepts. Then I actually got on one. :) But I'll say, it was a heckuva lot easier for me because I had read those books!

Oct 3, 2007
germany
When daniel showed this to me at blackpool... I didn't know what to think. At first I didn't buy the little black envelope. But the trick ate away at me until I had no choice but to get it. Really, really clever system. If you can, get it. ;)

And as said, it really is ANY card, and it really is a FREE choice.

Oct 5, 2008
Daniel did a great job with this, the only thing is that this was hyped as something new, this idea has been out and sold before, but as always Daniel just put a little of him in it. Its great and really think everyone should pick this up.
-dR

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I seriously think it has lived up to the hype though. When I saw the little black envelope I went Urgh!? is that it? Will it live up to the hype? Bought it, read it, and it did, I love it.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
The content of the PDF is exactly the same as the book, don't fret! You should buy the magic for the magic, not for an autograph!

You won't be disappointed, very well thought out, very efficient system, lots of effects to go with!

I would have paid a lot more than he's asking for this.

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results