After performing a bill switch

Usually I borrow a bill and most people are reluctant to give it to me. I convince them it's ok. I then change it into a higher denomination and tell them they should never trust a magician and that they should've held on to their "magic" bill. I then walk away a little bit richer.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Hmmmm. What's your presentation angle right now? Here's a one, now it's a twenty? It's hard to give advice without knowing more about what you're doing. Would love to help though.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Alright I just changed them back to ones. I show the ones off as before and I'm done. Now what do I say to the spectator. Goodbye now? Thanks for watching me change ones to tens? Thanks for you time? What?

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Well, it matters quite a bit.
Sounds like you're doing Prophet or Burn.
I've been thinking about the same thing. How to end prophet. My solution so far is, DO MORE MAGIC:
Perform Prophet. Show the $100's (or $10's, you cheap sob). Explain that it's just an illusion. Take one of the $100's, pocket the others, and (using the Klause switch) change the $100 to a blank sheet of paper. Give the spectator the blank paper and tell him/her when they imagine hard enough, it will turn back into a $100 for them. Let them keep it.

Or you could just do Prophet, then run off screaming: "I'm freakin' rich b!#@&es! I can turn ones into hundreds! F-you, high school! I'm off to the bank! Bring me more ones! And hot women! Ones and hotties! Bring me ALLLLL the ONES and HOTTIES!"

But that takes a certain personality to pull off. But it's more interesting than "Thanks for watching."

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
I'm the type of person that just shows one person ONE trick. Which is the bill switch. After that I just say goodbye? And Chase those are good Ideas but I don't think thats my style.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
I was just playin dude.

Try to work on your presentation and give yourself a reason to just put the money back in your pocket. Another idea I was thinkin about was: What if the prophet routine is what I use to disguise my money. No one will rob a broke joker, so I keep all my cash as ones, then change em to big bills when I need em.

So you could say:
Hey, doll. Have you seen my new camoflauged money? It keeps me from getting jacked.
(Take out bills, and thumb through them while you say...)
See, it looks like a stack of ones, but that's just magic camoflauge. I actually have a whole wad of cash.
(Execute the change.)
See. I'm loaded. But the thugs don't know that. But I gotta keep it hidden.
(Put the cash back in your pocket quickly as if a mugger might be scoping you out.)

Then you can say a couple of different things. Like:
-Don't tell anybody. If word gets out about the dollar bills I'll have to carry around a bunch of quarters.
-If you want to examine the money you can just reach in my pocket and get it.
-When I get rich as Chris Kenner I'll carry hundreds and turn them into Google stock.
-Now that you know I got coin, you probably want to go make out behind the gym, right?

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Chase, those are good thanks. And wtf? Chris Kenner? Laymen don't know who he is. Or do they.... No they don't. But what if I'm doing it to a dude? (not what you think)

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Again. Just playin, and takin a jab at Kenner. (Kenner should tape a one to one in the "money room". I picture it like that big vault Scrooge McDuck has where you can just swim in gold coins, Jerry's Nugget cards, and stuffed monkeys.) Say Criss Angel. Or Copperfield instead.
If you're doin it with a dude (i mean exactly what you're thinking) then use the same routine, just don't be sly. I kinda like the line about having to carry quarters. I think it makes a weird kinda sense.
Or if it's a guy that won't punch you in the teeth say,"Now I have enough money to tip your mom."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results