Again please

I'm sure most of you out there have had audiences who pester you to do the same trick again, and most of you usually don't repeat the same trick over again for various reasons. So my question is, how do you deal with people who ask you to repeat the trick?

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
i asked the same question while ago on the forums. The people told me many things.

1. say "letme show you another,even better trick.

2. say "okay" but instead of doing the same "method" do a different method.
Ex: First you did i "pick a card trick" repeat the same trick, but a different method. But in the different method, you still find their card.

3. You just deny them because you control your show not your audience.

4. i used to say "sry magic only happens once."

hope it helps

Say to them, "You just saw it, didn't you!?... the only reason you want to see it again is so you can try an figure it out, but you don't really want to know how it's done..."
At this point ninety percent of people say, "No, I really wanna know!"
Then, you lean in real close to them and whisper, "Can you keep a secret?"
They, of course, say yes and then you, as smugly as you possibly can, respond with, "...So Can I."
Smile, tell them you hope they enjoyed the entertainment, and walk off.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
"1st time is free....2nd time i have to charge you for it" haha I said that once to my church pastor and he actually did pay me ahhhahaha

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
Say to them, "You just saw it, didn't you!?... the only reason you want to see it again is so you can try an figure it out, but you don't really want to know how it's done..."
At this point ninety percent of people say, "No, I really wanna know!"
Then, you lean in real close to them and whisper, "Can you keep a secret?"
They, of course, say yes and then you, as smugly as you possibly can, respond with, "...So Can I."
Smile, tell them you hope they enjoyed the entertainment, and walk off.

you got the "but you dont really want to know how its done..." from the prestige!! and i like your idea i might use it thank you.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Used that several times :)

My thing to say:

"A magic trick is like a joke.....once the trick is done is like you knowing the punch line....would you really want to hear the joke again after already knowing the punchline?"

Not sure where I heard that from....but it's a great line.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
ok but how about this. what do you say when this happens...(this happens to me alot)
you are sitting in class and the teacher is right in the middle of giving a lessonand someone leanes over and says do a trick you say no i dont want to get in troubleand you get made fun of and called some pretty hateful and vulgar names that pretty much revolves around you being a chicken?

like i said this happens to me alot

C

clarrus

ok but how about this. what do you say when this happens...(this happens to me alot)
you are sitting in class and the teacher is right in the middle of giving a lessonand someone leanes over and says do a trick you say no i dont want to get in troubleand you get made fun of and called some pretty hateful and vulgar names that pretty much revolves around you being a chicken?

like i said this happens to me alot

be a better man and ignore them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results