Age Requirement to Publish?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I was reading over the Theory 11 Submitting Guidelines, and something occured to me. So I once read that in some areas, there is a perk for shop owners in which they don't have to pay anyone under a set certain age, which varies from locality to locality (or even country to country). Does that apply to the Market Place, and is so, what is the minimum age.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I was waiting to see if there would be an 'official' response but I think Tyler is right. There's generally no age requirement for publishing something, you'll just need parents or guardians to sign any contracts if you are below the age to legally do so.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I don't believe there are any age minimums but you may need to have some sort of parental or guardian permission if you are under eighteen when collecting royalties.
There's generally no age requirement for publishing something, you'll just need parents or guardians to sign any contracts if you are below the age to legally do so.

Both correct. You can publish at any age, however if you are a minor you will need parent or guardian permission in order to do so.

// L

Oct 19, 2015
I like the fact you guys let young ones post, of course with parental permission, but I think many getting them early is key! Kid see magic differently and as the grow to be adults, they never forget how they were AMAZED as kids....at least I did not!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Timewise64 Thx for the advice. I'm still (technically) a kid (a mid-teenager albeit), but I hope I can relate when I do get old (no offense, but anyone over 18 is subconsciously considered old to teenagers, unless we've known them for a while before they are old).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results