Akira Fuji Pass

Akira is NOT the teacher in his Pass DVD ( don't know about the above mentioned DVD ), the DVD teaches his idea on the pass, which is also taught in other sources ( Erdnase and Derek Dingle to start with ).

The Pass book by Gary Ouellet is the best if you want to do classic passes. A demostration VHS ( if you still have a video player ) is sold seperately.

Cheers,

Years and years of practice will get you this pass, not necessarily a DVD or book.
With personal instruction with someone experienced in it, it will take months.

Took me 3 years and I still can't do it well ( mainly because it took me alot of time studying ). The above came from Steven Youell, needless to say he's one of the best card guys around.

Also, its not about the time. The 3 years I've been practicing the pass, it went like a snap. The idea is to practice the move well, and more importantly, understanding its mechanics and concepts, which leads into a much more efficient execution of the move. ( This is true for all magic in general, but its extremely important in classic passes more than, say, a double undercut )

Cheers,

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
With personal instruction with someone experienced in it, it will take months.

Took me 3 years and I still can't do it well ( mainly because it took me alot of time studying ). The above came from Steven Youell, needless to say he's one of the best card guys around.

Also, its not about the time. The 3 years I've been practicing the pass, it went like a snap. The idea is to practice the move well, and more importantly, understanding its mechanics and concepts, which leads into a much more efficient execution of the move. ( This is true for all magic in general, but its extremely important in classic passes more than, say, a double undercut )

Cheers,

Steven Youell's pass is great... but he has hands the size of gorillas. He can do a double undercut undetected. The pass is way easier with big hands. its like doing a pass with bridge cards.

Steven Youell's pass is great... but he has hands the size of gorillas. He can do a double undercut undetected. The pass is way easier with big hands. its like doing a pass with bridge cards.
Youell's hands are big? >___<

You gotta see Ed Marlo's and Ken Krenzel's hands.

Actually it was a myth that passes were impossible for small handers, late Howie Showarsman ( horrible spelling, I can't even pronounce his name, I think you know him )destroyed this myth, and actually was one of the best humans to do the pass, and he had small hands.

All I'm saying small handers can have a great pass, Steven's hands are medium sizes me thinks.

Cheers,

r29

Jan 23, 2008
i got smalls hands and doing the pass is difficult for me wen using bicycles anyone got tips?

i got smalls hands and doing the pass is difficult for me wen using bicycles anyone got tips?
]
Can you hold the deck in biddle grip, and make your right fingers cover the front end completely?

If you can, then you can do it. If you have problems with this ( if you are very young :) ) try holding the deck in this way ( covering the front end with the right fingers ) while watching TV or anything. This will make your hand get used to the "stretched" condition of your fingers, making them relax.

If you can, but have problems doing the move because the base of your palm keep hitting the packets, then just wait to grow up :) ( this happens if your younger than 11 or 10, or have an extremely small hands to begin with, which is quite rare ).

Good luck. :)

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hey guys.

I can't watch the video as i'm at work, my googlebox filters all video streams out, SOB!

My advice on the pass though, is...

-Get the basic action down slowly, and practice it slowly. once you can adequately do the action of the two packets transposing slowly, begin to speed it up a little. Just go with your natural progression speed.

-Practice the invisible turnover pass first. It utilises almost a reversal of the regular passing action to execute the move, so may feel strange at first, but it may help your fingers acclimatise to your original pass. Sounds strange, but it worked for me.

-Do it in 'half moves' once you've got it up to speed. Do the shift of the top packet, but pause before you co-alesce the packets, for a split second. This will help you identify if you have any snags in the execution when doing the final step, if you know what I mean... (if you don't, PM me... i'm not very articulate today!)

-An idea of Zenneth Kok's- practice with 70 cards- once your handling is adequate qith 70 catds, 52 will feel like a dream!

Hope this helped guys.

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results