Akira Fuji

Erik

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Sweden
www.virtualerik.com
He has a fast pass, but I can't say that's it great. Or, I guess I could, but I would need a definition of great then.
To me, a pass doesn't have to be fast to be good; but it has to be done at the right moment. This of course doesn't apply if you use the pass as a color change, then you need speed.

The "problem" with Akira Fuji's pass, in my eyes, is that it's obvious he does something. You can't see what, but it sure is something. Else it would be strange to all of a sudden start to square a deck up, that is already square (Steve Draun talks about this in the beginning of his book "Secret Draun from Underground").

Of course, when having such a fast and rather invisible pass that Akira Fuji has, he can do it while his hands are being burned by his spectators. I think for this to work though, he'd need to add "fake"-passes in between. This is to set the premise, so to say. To establish a habit in the spectators minds. If he squares the deck up often, it won't look half as strange as if he would just all of a sudden square it up after a selection has been made.

Then again, Akira Fuji maybe already handle his pass work in another way when performing, this was after all a demonstration video. I haven't seen him work, other than in this video, so I can not judge him. His pass looks good for a color change though, and no matter what, he will be able to impress magic colleagues with it.

-Erik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results