Al straker and outlaw effects- Sniper pad

Apr 7, 2009
Sniper pad by Al straker and outlaw effects- My review

Link- http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=147

unfortunately, there is no video demo available, however the product page is very detailed.

What is the Sniper pad?

The Sniper Pad is an amazingly well camouflaged new design for a genuine real time close up impression pad. Word around town is this pad truly is one of the most examinable and deceptively gaffed pads folks have ever seen! Just flip the pad open and hand it to anyone without fear!

The Sniper Pad gives a reliable impression EVERY time without fail, and provides a highly deceptive solution to performing a real time drawing duplication. It’s also easy to use, if you can close a notepad you can use the Sniper Pad!

Available Packages:

The Sniper pad kit: $75, comes with the sniper pad, spare thin sniper gimmick, gimmicked marker.

The Sniper pad full kit: $89, comes with the sniper pad, spare thin sniper gimmick and 2 gimmicked markers.

Refills: Two gimmicked markers for $ 29, Two spare ultra thin sniper gimmicks for $29.

My Package: I ordered the FULL kit for $89.
i received:

1 fully constructed Sniper Pad
1 spare sniper gimmick
2 gimmicked impression pens
plenty of spare paper for the pad
reset material
CD with .pdf and microsoft word files of instructions
1 tube of some special something

as you can see, it is quite a hefty kit. Al included everything you need in this kit to go out and perform this effect.

The Gimmicks:

The pad:
The sniper pad was very well made. Basically, it is a gaffed pad with a sniper gimmick implanted into it already.
The package includes a spare gimmick so you can incorporate it into any other pad you want.

The pad that you get is a Spirax notepad http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...age=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0&tx=42&ty=55

These pads are very common in Australia, and makes it perfect for the Aussie mentalist!

Once they run out of paper, you can refill them using paper from the kit or go out and buy some notepads from your local office and supply shop. The good thing is that you do not need any special bleed through paper to use your Sniper pad.

The Pens:

The Pens you get are Artline Freezer Bag Marker pens http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...age=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=105&ty=62

They work very well with the pad, and when they run out of ink, you can either buy more from outlaw effects or you can refill them on your own. Email Al Straker if you want to know ( contact details at the bottom ).

The impression material:

Wow, this impression material is a lot thinner than anything i have ever seen, and it works really well! The sniper pad is designed so it gives a reliable impression every single time!

These should last forever when taken care of, no refills of any kind needed.

The material is green colored and measures 3X3 inches.

The Teaching:

Al provides detailed instructions on the cd on how to care and use the Sniper pad.
However i had to email him on some questions to clear things up. The rest of the teaching is fine, however they could have brushed over refilling the pad/ transferring the gimmick.

The instructions are approximately 1500 words long with pictures. You get two files, a .pdf and a word document.
They are both the same instructions, however both are provided for your operating system.

My Thoughts on the product:

Wow! This is something i will definitely use, and has to be one of the best impression devices on the market today! i was very impressed with the package and even more impressed with the workings of the pad. No fear when handing it to a spectator, and the peek is SOOOOO simple, it is completely motivated.

I was going to buy Psypher, but i had read some negative reviews on it, especially Dave Penn and Craig Petty's review on the wizardproductreview. I would rather buy a quality product for a more expensive price anyway.

If you are interested in a real time impression pad with simple workings and a really easy peek, then get this. Actually. this product is too good to pass up for any mentalist. :))

Final Score:

9.25/10
Veeeeery impressive. Lost a little bit of marks for some teaching problems, but otherwise it is an awesome product.

Additional Notes:

Outlaw effects host the product for Al Straker, so all Sniper Pads are sent from Al Straker in Australia.
i live in Australia so shipping was quick ( 2 days )

Al Straker email: alexander.straker@bigpond.com

The sniper pad: http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=147

Thanks a lot for reading my review, hope you guys liked it. Peace!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results