Alchemy Questions

Jan 30, 2010
Tusk, North Carolina
Hello T11 peoples, how are you doing?

I just watched the trailer for Alchemy and I've got to say it looks pretty good. Can you guys give me any information about it?

stuff like the workability of the effect, how are the angles, et cetera et cetera

Thanks guys

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
hey tynman, so far there are very mixed reviews. Personally, i love the effect. The angles are similar to most coin magic. Its best suited to a small to medium sized group at chest height. Ben recommends no more than 6 spectators in front of you to get the best result. in general it is designed for strolling gigs, where the audience is standing, not seated. It is a bit knacky as far as workability, but not too awful. Ive been working on it for 3 days and have already got the knack down to about 60% of the time, and im no coin genius. Its a great little effect with so much potential. Personally i would highly recommend Alchemy.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
hey tynman, so far there are very mixed reviews. Personally, i love the effect. The angles are similar to most coin magic. Its best suited to a small to medium sized group at chest height. Ben recommends no more than 6 spectators in front of you to get the best result. in general it is designed for strolling gigs, where the audience is standing, not seated. It is a bit knacky as far as workability, but not too awful. Ive been working on it for 3 days and have already got the knack down to about 60% of the time, and im no coin genius. Its a great little effect with so much potential. Personally i would highly recommend Alchemy.

I have been wondering about purchasing it as well after I get my close up show polished. That is at the top of the list. This is second. Thank you for this post. It seems very interesting. I will probably buy it.

Thanks again,

–Anna Harris

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
It's taught in other places so don't expect an amazing new sleight you haven't seen before. Pretty much exactly the same thing it taught on the "Sick" DVD but there are more sources. Can't be done in a tshirt and unlike the description, you can't change a coin in to anything. More like you can change a coin into anything that you can comfortably hold in a fist.

It is a really good thing to learn but I wouldn't rush to get it, you can pretty much learn it from bobo's.

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
It is way cleaner than the technique featured in Sick, I guess you could say it's a huge improvement from the concept that Ponta uses (even though I think they came up with their respective techniques independently). It's not a revolutionary coin sleight, but more like a really clever idea. If you like Shoot Ogawa's famous vanish concept, you'll like this one (although technically it's completely different).

Sep 20, 2009
The 'Idea' has been tossed around from 'Circle To Circle' for quite some time and then tossed away again because of the 'Impracticality' of it

i've known of the 'Concept' for a while

Whilst it looks 'Stunning' there are some 'Requirements' and 'Restrictions'

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i have worked with both Ponta's method off of Sick and Shoot's, this was BY FAR the clearest, most in depth and best method ive seen so far. The teaching is superb, and the mechanics, the small differences between the different methods, are the simplest, cleanest and the ones i picked up quickest.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results