All Round Best Close Up Magic Tricks

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
There isn't any set one. Depends on how much work you put into it.

And on the performer. Some may argue that Stigmata, for example, is the best close up trick. However, I bet I can get better reactions from a magician's choice than some can get from Stigmata. Ultimately, it's up to what you do with it and what you make it.

Sep 1, 2007
And on the performer. Some may argue that Stigmata, for example, is the best close up trick. However, I bet I can get better reactions from a magician's choice than some can get from Stigmata. Ultimately, it's up to what you do with it and what you make it.

And I use a key card to kick the living hell out of most people's presentations of Stigmata on a regular basis.

Sure, some effects just work better than others, but it's all for nothing if you can't be entertaining while doing it.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I agree with everyone else. I don't think an effect is the best all around. There are way too many other variables. I can watch a professional do a simple hard hitting card effect with great presentation and wow a crowd or let some Joe Blow try Extreme Burn with terrible practice and lack of enthusiasm. I"d rather watch the simple self working card trick performed.

I see this a lot in our IBM ring. Some people are just way better performers and know how to use patter to get everyone's emotions embedded into the effect. Others just run through the effect quickly and could care less about putting the emotion and care into it.

May 31, 2008
simple question, simple answer

i do agree presentation means everything.

However there are tricks that are undeniably great, like extreme burn.

Others I have come across are

Fraud
Super sharpie to predict thought of number

These two tricks are absolutely beautiful illusions, which are totally practical, very simple, and totally impossible. These have literally
no explanation to laymen.

May 31, 2008
That's what she said.
Sorry, I had to get in before Tumbleweed...:p

Ugghh. C'mon guys, can't we talk about magic? Isn't there some kind of rule about profanity? There are like 11-year-old kids on these forums and were writing in "that's what she saids." Can't we be mature. These kind of things disgust me. As an 8th grade student I have to hear that like a million times a day. I don't need to hear it when I'm trying to talk about magic. Seriously, grow up.

Edit: I just found it in the forum rules:

Be nice, respectful, and professional. Or else I will crush you.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Ugghh. C'mon guys, can't we talk about magic? Isn't there some kind of rule about profanity. There are like 11-year-old kids on these forums and were writing in "that's what she saids." Can't we be mature. These kind of things disgust me. As an 8th grade student I have to hear that like a million times a day. I don't need to hear it when I'm trying to talk about magic. Seriously, grow up.

Edit: I just found it:

Sorry, I've had a bad day and I needed cheering up. You're right, a magic forum isn't the right place for it. I shall try to restrain myself next time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results