All the different "Expert at the Card Table" decks?

Oct 23, 2016
Singapore
I recently purchased an "Expert at the Card Table" deck hoping to collect it. After researching online and after looking at what I have, I realised that there were many versions. The one I have, the seller claimed that only 1,500 were produced, did not specify which company did it. I didn't open it for fear of spoiling the card but it was packaged like a NOC deck. Whereas the pictures I see online has the flap on the width.

I have attached two pictures from the internet, one showing the one I have purchased and one showing the one I have seen.

Does anyone know the differences other than the Joker and Ace cards?

What I have:
green-luxury-expert-at-the-card-table-playing-cards-limited-edition.jpg

What I have seen on the internet:
maxresdefault.jpg

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
There's been several different decks dedicated to Erdnase in one way or another. Several from CARC, a couple from E, and I've seen a few floating around from other creators.

Jan 21, 2017
I recently purchased an "Expert at the Card Table" deck hoping to collect it. After researching online and after looking at what I have, I realised that there were many versions. The one I have, the seller claimed that only 1,500 were produced, did not specify which company did it. I didn't open it for fear of spoiling the card but it was packaged like a NOC deck. Whereas the pictures I see online has the flap on the width.

I have attached two pictures from the internet, one showing the one I have purchased and one showing the one I have seen.

Does anyone know the differences other than the Joker and Ace cards?

What I have:
green-luxury-expert-at-the-card-table-playing-cards-limited-edition.jpg

What I have seen on the internet:
maxresdefault.jpg
The first one posted, has The Expert at The Card, printed on the back I think which is pretty common,https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a3/de/46/a3de461c0110ca6698ede26d1fdb26fb.jpg. The second one is has a back very similar to the Bee decks, a green back with white borders, https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...7JGc31zJuqAC8EKPQ3mY5660MS8YUwCg9tj8v9PKX3nIb

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
The bottom one is either the original EATCT deck or the V2 version. To tell them apart, the V1 has the back design on the back of the tuck, a diamond back similar to bee decks. The V2 version is just a green box with the name on the front and spine of the tuck, with the writing being a slightly darker shade than the V1. These are printed on Aristocrat stock from USPCC.

medium.jpg

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
I believe the one you bought were put out by penguin magic. The sidewards tuck suggests EPCC, but USPCC may have printed them. They also released a white one before this.
There's a lot of SWE/EATCT inspired decks out there, too many.
Bee 1902 Smith Backs from CARC in blue, red, black and smith no.2
Bee 1902 Acorn back, from CARC. Came in 2 green versions, red, silver and black
Bee 216 from CARC, inspired by the original Squeezers (awesome deck) in two colours, orange and green
Erdnaseum Commemorative Playing Cards, distributed by D&D and CARC. Had a worm like back, and an awesome ambigram that read SW Erdnase and WE Sanders.

Then E and TBC did some stuff which, personally, I don't care for too much but they have been pretty popular amongst some people.

Hope this helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results