TX
www.youtube.com
Title: Amaze Box
Creator: by Mark Shortland
Publisher: Vanishing Inc
MSRP: $ 65
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 35:52

Type of effect: Forcing box (switch/change box)

Manufacturer's Write Up:

When Vanishing Inc. released the original AmazeBox last year, magicians across the world immediately recognized the countless uses for such a clever utility prop. Since its release, it has been used on some of the largest stages in the world by thousands of magicians, including a number of famous performers.

The AmazeBox, if you haven't heard, is a revolution for switching billets and playing cards. Spectators write, say, their favorite movie on pieces of paper and then drop it into a small cardboard box. You never touch the box; someone comes on stage, opens it up and randomly selects a billet. It is always your force billet.

We received two important pieces of feedback from the professionals that used AmazeBox in their show: they'd like it to contain more billets, and they'd prefer it to be black rather than white.

Not only is the AmazeBox MUCH bigger (it can hold 200 slips of paper instead of just 30), but it is also stronger. Steel plates between the cardboard ensure that this will last MUCH longer and is better suited to travel, and the new matte black color means it will blend in perfectly in any environment. After weeks (yes, really!) of re-designing, we have now made it so it fits back into its packaging, so you can transport it flat wherever you go. The box, when flat, it will fit in any large suitcase.

In a 45 minute, online video, Mark Shortland takes you through everything from assembling the box, to routines and more. If you have a place for the original AmazeBox in your show, the AmazeBox Black will change everything!

How accurate is the ad copy? The “routines” are really more of quick suggestions and ideas.

What's in the box? The box (flat and unassembled) and the needed items to assemble it, plus the download code to watch the instructions. Make sure you if you have the white box you are watching the white box instructions, and black box watching the black box instructions, they are built differently and require varied assembly.

Key points: With the AmazeBox Black you can:

- Switch up to 200 billets
- Perform surrounded
- Travel anywhere
- Have a fail-safe method for switching paper, playing cards, and more!

How are the production values: Mostly it’s Mark Shortland against a white backdrop, shot in HD, well mic’d assembling the box on a table.

Is it well made: It is made from sturdy corrugated cardboard

Is it well taught: the video is chiefly assembly instructions with a few “ideas” thrown in at the end. No full routines or live performances

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"
Not only does it pack flat – it comes flat

Does it "play big?" I can’t imagine mentalism being much stronger than this

Difficulty / Skill level required: self-working

How much arts and crafts are involved? Minimal.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) This will work great for both stage and parlor. I know there has been some “white box vs black box debate” but in truth it does not make any difference.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

__X___ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts: this is a wonderful prop and your only limit is your own imagination.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:

Apr 17, 2018
Hey!

Can I travell by plane with the AmazeBox Kraft? Since it has metal reinforcement.

Title: Amaze Box
Creator: by Mark Shortland
Publisher: Vanishing Inc
MSRP: $ 65
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 35:52

Type of effect: Forcing box (switch/change box)

Manufacturer's Write Up:

When Vanishing Inc. released the original AmazeBox last year, magicians across the world immediately recognized the countless uses for such a clever utility prop. Since its release, it has been used on some of the largest stages in the world by thousands of magicians, including a number of famous performers.

The AmazeBox, if you haven't heard, is a revolution for switching billets and playing cards. Spectators write, say, their favorite movie on pieces of paper and then drop it into a small cardboard box. You never touch the box; someone comes on stage, opens it up and randomly selects a billet. It is always your force billet.

We received two important pieces of feedback from the professionals that used AmazeBox in their show: they'd like it to contain more billets, and they'd prefer it to be black rather than white.

Not only is the AmazeBox MUCH bigger (it can hold 200 slips of paper instead of just 30), but it is also stronger. Steel plates between the cardboard ensure that this will last MUCH longer and is better suited to travel, and the new matte black color means it will blend in perfectly in any environment. After weeks (yes, really!) of re-designing, we have now made it so it fits back into its packaging, so you can transport it flat wherever you go. The box, when flat, it will fit in any large suitcase.

In a 45 minute, online video, Mark Shortland takes you through everything from assembling the box, to routines and more. If you have a place for the original AmazeBox in your show, the AmazeBox Black will change everything!

How accurate is the ad copy? The “routines” are really more of quick suggestions and ideas.

What's in the box? The box (flat and unassembled) and the needed items to assemble it, plus the download code to watch the instructions. Make sure you if you have the white box you are watching the white box instructions, and black box watching the black box instructions, they are built differently and require varied assembly.

Key points: With the AmazeBox Black you can:

- Switch up to 200 billets
- Perform surrounded
- Travel anywhere
- Have a fail-safe method for switching paper, playing cards, and more!

How are the production values: Mostly it’s Mark Shortland against a white backdrop, shot in HD, well mic’d assembling the box on a table.

Is it well made: It is made from sturdy corrugated cardboard

Is it well taught: the video is chiefly assembly instructions with a few “ideas” thrown in at the end. No full routines or live performances

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"
Not only does it pack flat – it comes flat

Does it "play big?" I can’t imagine mentalism being much stronger than this

Difficulty / Skill level required: self-working

How much arts and crafts are involved? Minimal.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) This will work great for both stage and parlor. I know there has been some “white box vs black box debate” but in truth it does not make any difference.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

__X___ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts: this is a wonderful prop and your only limit is your own imagination.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:

Feb 11, 2018
Just got my Amaze Box Black, and put it together. Haven't used it in a performance setting yet, but this post is about construction. Mark's video directions are excellent. That said, if you don't like construction projects, you won't like this one. I'm used to making things out of all kinds of media, and it took me an hour to put the box together. No point being in a hurry. And there are quirks. The box design is stellar, all things considered, but it IS cardboard, and you need to be gentle. Also, on my box, the velcro tabs on the side which hold the top flaps down are not nearly strong enough to keep the flaps held in place...Uh-oh...Apparently, earlier owners of the black box found the velcro tabs TOO sticky; the tabs I received are smaller than the ones Mark uses in his video. Perhaps this was in response to the bigger tab complaint...In any case, since I like problem solving, the questions will be: how to get the glue-backed velcro tabs off without tearing the box; and what to use in their place? I'm immediately thinking of steel washers and strong 1 cm hobby magnets. Washers may be painted black; we shall see...

Feb 11, 2018
Several hours later, after the last post...Went to Plan C. I decided that the real problem was the tension created by the double-fold-over flap that gives the box a sort of origami look. There was too much tension in two pieces of cardboard, so I cut out the inside/bottom triangular flap. The box retains the same look, but with only one layer of fold. I also replaced the velcro tabs on the sides. The ones that came with the box were worthless--they wouldn't even stick together like normal velcro pieces, so I tossed them and got some better ones from my trusty tool box.

New problem: the bottom of the box has a push-in cardboard slot for the bottom flap, which kept coming loose. This is a production error, not a design problem. The bottom flap is necessary to fold the box flat for travel, as well as to empty the box, if desired. I fixed the problem by sticking another single velcro tab in the bottom flap.

I hope this info is of some help to anyone!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results