Amazing Magic Get Together

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you know about the exciting magic convention I got to go to. It was the famous Abbot's 79th Magic Get Together in Colon, Michigan which is heralded as the magic capitol of the world since Harry Blackstone lived there and it hosts three magic shops. The town is addicted to magic!

While at the convention I got to meet such great talent that included Scott Alexander, Puck, Bizzaro, Dan Sperry, Nick Diffatte, Jay Mattioli, Ice McDonald, Vinny Grosso, Lynetta Welch, Martin Cox, Tony Chapek, Eric Ross, and last but certainly not least, Joaquin Ayala. What was really great about this convention was that I got to perform No Pressure (impromptu handling) with Eric Ross's own water bottle! For those of you not in the know, he is basically the king of water bottle magic. I also got to pick up some really great deals with all the dealers that were there.

By far the coolest thing that happened to me was that Joaquin Ayala approached me and talked with me for a bit. He asked if I would help him with the closing act of the convention and we would be performing his infamous Spears act that he does. Of course I obliged and I got to work with him, his assistant Shelby, and Jessica Reed of the FISM competing Reed Sisters. I have never gotten to do a stage show this big let alone work with a world famous illusionist such as him so it was an extremely lucky opportunity for me.

Can't wait to go back next year!

Attachments

• ayala.jpg
    ayala.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 66
  • group pic of ayala.jpg
    group pic of ayala.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 64
  • bizzaro.jpg
    bizzaro.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Scott Alexander.jpg