Ambigrams

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
Some people have been PMing me to see some of my custom ambigrams... so I thought I'd T11 a few up. I have hundreds of names. If you want your own name, we'll talk ;)

Please don't steal them.. all you have to do is ask!

chris.png

Jonathan.png

DanAndDave.png

Feb 9, 2008
Brazil.
Sweet!

They're really cool ( the dan and dave one is the best, by far).
Do you have any 'Jonh' ambigrams?
They would look great on msn...

--lizard-

Jan 11, 2008
Very Nice man.

I'm getting ready to design my business cards and those look pretty freakin sweet.
I like the look to them. I'm assuming you can do different colors and what not as well.
If I wanted a logo from you to go on a business card, how would we go about doing that? Would you send it to me as an attachment and then I would print it and take it to my local copy shop? Would I be able to change the sizing on it if need be? Let me know. How long does it take you to design something like a first and last name?

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I'm getting ready to design my business cards and those look pretty freakin sweet.
I like the look to them. I'm assuming you can do different colors and what not as well.
If I wanted a logo from you to go on a business card, how would we go about doing that? Would you send it to me as an attachment and then I would print it and take it to my local copy shop? Would I be able to change the sizing on it if need be? Let me know. How long does it take you to design something like a first and last name?

it takes me about an hour or 2 depending on the complexity of it but keep in mind, i do this for commission so pm me so we can talk elsewhere

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Very nice, very clean. The Jonathan one is pretty hard to read mind you, I like the Dan and Dave one. I do these my self, and you've got me thinking about how that one would work with an "&" instead on "and."

I think it would look better, but working it out, of course, is the fun part.

Dec 28, 2007
Very nice work.
I tried playing around with magic style ambigrams using AutoCad but they looked rubbish. I'm not very artistic but i did look at the website of the guy who did the angels and demons stuff. There was also a site that showed tatoo ambigrams. There was a fantastic one that read love one way up and lust the other way up. Keep it up. you might get a big commision from somebody!!
Geroge.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
Very nice work.
I tried playing around with magic style ambigrams using AutoCad but they looked rubbish. I'm not very artistic but i did look at the website of the guy who did the angels and demons stuff. There was also a site that showed tatoo ambigrams. There was a fantastic one that read love one way up and lust the other way up. Keep it up. you might get a big commision from somebody!!
Geroge.

Let's hope so!!

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
UPDATE & BUMP: Daniel Madison is using an ambigram I created for him on his myspace. If you're his friend, check out his photos.. his profile's private I think

Its also used at the end of his Identity book. I saw that and thought you had something to do with it :p

Also, just wondering how long you've been doing this for?

-ThrallMind

Last edited by a moderator:

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
holy hell!! really? it's at the end of identity??? I had no idea. Daniel doesn't tell me anything.. as a matter of fact.. he doesn't tell ANYONE anything haha. Sweet (ban me LOL*)

I've only been doing ambigrams for about 2 weeks..?

*reference to April Fools "forum rules" joke

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
yeah I do.. I'm just starting out so I'm only good at words with the same amount of letters.. I am practicing words that have 1 or 2 letters less but I think that's the limit. I'll post some more later

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
just to see how difficult it is, i spent about 20 mins doing this:
FIRST ATTEMPT EVER, BEFORE I GET LAUGHED AT, 20 MINS, IN MS PAINT!!!
2r6dvyx.jpg

9zyhjb.jpg

I did the blur because its basically impossible to make an A into an SI, so the phrase is...

THE LINE BETWEEN REALITY AND ILLUSION IS BLURRED...

voila, my creation was born...

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Bravo joecarr14! :D

Can anyone give me some tips as to where I can learn how to do these? Maybe someone can help me out by doing my name for me to get me started?

Cheers,
Shanku. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results