An 8 card transposition through pockets

Dex

Sep 18, 2007
North of France.
2 card transpo + reset + card to pocket + Dominique Duvivier + 1 week of training (I knew this routine about a year ago then forgot it, and I've now remembered it) + The same t-shirt from my last video=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtuLWDenF9E

I'm still working on this, and I don't know how to make the effect better (It doesn't hit as hard as it should) Any help to be given ?

PS : Do note that in the pocket where a king of hearts goes in, an ace of hearts comes out, and so on with the other suits.

Thanks !

Sep 1, 2007
Orlando, FL
I remember editing the written description of the trick (and others) for one of Duvivier's sets of notes. Hopefully I can add some advice to make it stronger for you:

Duvivier has a very idiosyncratic way of both speaking and handling the cards. A fair number of his routines don't lend themselves to being used by someone else without modification. I think this is one of those routines. There's some things Duvivier gets away with easily that most other people couldn't. He makes this routine play very strong; personally, I don't think I could ever make it play incredibly strong. i worked on a version years ago that combined parts of the handling of this routine and part of Gary Kurtz's similar routine to make something more natural for me. Find what parts feel unnatural to you (parts looked like you were uncomfortable with the handling) and see if you think you could get confident in them, or, if not, find other ways to accomplish the same thing. Duvivier's tricks often offer great starting points but need heavy adaptation to work for others. Some other nice versions to check out too:
The More Things Change by Jerry Sadowitz (this is the original trick of this plot)
Ambidextrous Interchange by Guy Hollingworth
Student's Exchange (i believe that's the title by Dave Solomon
Student of a Student's Interchange by Steve Reynolds (again I think that's the title)
Jack Carpenter also ahs a few nice handlings published including one for people who use just two pockets (Pocket Interchange

Hope that helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results