An optimistic view for a change...

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
Not too long ago I was posting a fair amount on these forums. But I stopped. And lately, I've mostly just been reading occasionally.
Honestly, the reason i stopped is because the amount of negativity and arguing here is pretty ridiculous guys. (not to say everyone is negative but let's admit that too many are)

Rather than bashing the new people for asking a question that's been asked before, kindly let them know that there is a search area. There's no need for harshness. They're new.. they're not going to know everything at first.
And my god.. who cares about Criss Angel and if he is actually a good magician or not? Sure, we all have our own opinions on the guy and we can state them, but having multiple threads on him on how bad he is or how not so bad he is, is really getting us nowhere in the advances of magic.
These are just a couple that i can think of off the top of my head.

I truly think a more positive outlook here would do us much good.

For instance...
I got a call on my phone yesterday from some random number. They asked if it was Amanda,.. naturally I said yes.
It was a guy named Mike who I had done Paul Harris' "Cellmates" for about a month ago. He was calling to see if the number was actually real or if it only worked that one time.
That just shows how much a magic trick and influence people. It can make lasting impression which i personally think is so amazing.

See? Positive ;] haha.
Let's change it up a little bit and leave a lot of this negativity out of the threads. :]
So leave your thoughts on the first part. And what are some of your lasting impression stories?

Aug 5, 2008
Mine came from a friend of a friend of a friend I met at a little gathering some time this year. I had given her her signed selection previously as a souvenir, and months later, we again met at another party, at which she proudly showed me the card - now laminated in plastic.

Fritts thank you for bringing this up.
I myself have been harsh a few times so im not going to prove you wrong, it is a sad state actually.

What i want to say is that why we do that.
Its because the topics that are asking "woot, is cris angiel really real!=!=!?!?!?!"
bash the other topics that are actually a good read.

I would actually get into those Cerca Trova things and get my points through there because thats what it is supposed to be a good source of knowledge. But the topics that are at hand there are so stupid(sorry but they really are) that i have read them in a while.

Where im getting to is to have somekind of a barrier for everyday questions and articles and thoughts from the members themselves. We need to get a good discussion going and it can´t be done if it gets hit down with some random topics and theory11 bulletins.

Why are the good posts actually on top?

::The Promoters

Me and RDChopper personally find good posts that deserve attention and give them a healthy bump!

Sorry Fritts if i went off course a bit.

Do carry on!

Mikk.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
Yes, there is a lot of negativity on these forums, but your going to find that with any forum.

Personally, some people bring this negativity on them selves. Take me for example. :D

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
The problem is, nothing can be accomplished in forums. When people don't have to take accountability for their actions trouble ensues. There can be no advancing the art of magic if all people are looking for is a social club. If you want to try to advance the art of magic try going to an IBM ring or conventions, you'll have much better luck.

-Michael

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
I understand everything you guys said.

I'm just saying i think we could get more stuff done if we all just chilled out. Most of the arguing that goes on this forum is very unneeded.
Just my personal opinion.

Apr 1, 2009
California
Amen. Seriously, as juvenile as it might sound, the "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" could hold some truth here.

Sep 24, 2009
Fritts1223, Best i've had happen was i showed my dad's fiancee a card (not signed obviously :p) into a completely sealed bottle of pop she still has it proudly at home unopened. And yeah i agree i'm kinda new here but definitly not new to magic, so if someone wants to call me a noob whatever i'll proudly laugh knowing i'm not one, and apparently post count is a factor in arguing alot, especially to people who are new. eg. "Dude stfu I have 1500 posts you have 3 so therefore i am superior in everyway" lol

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Fritts1223, Best i've had happen was i showed my dad's fiancee a card (not signed obviously :p) into a completely sealed bottle of pop she still has it proudly at home unopened. And yeah i agree i'm kinda new here but definitly not new to magic, so if someone wants to call me a noob whatever i'll proudly laugh knowing i'm not one, and apparently post count is a factor in arguing alot, especially to people who are new. eg. "Dude stfu I have 1500 posts you have 3 so therefore i am superior in everyway" lol

Point me to the effers that are like that. It's been a while since I have see someone talk like that.

Pro or whatever, learn to be humble.

Well obviously I can't respect all of your opinions, as my post count is so much higher....

I'm joking :p
I've actually considered leaving more time than is healthy because of all the negativity, and I've actually left a few times for a few weeks, to see if anything changes. But nope.

I guess it's up to all of us to just stop any negativity, and to ignore any negativity from others.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results