Anate Bundle by Dee Christopher

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Okay, I took the plunge and bought the Bundle. I'm not really very impressed. Let's talk more.

Anate is not a card force! I'd like to let you guys know that. Calling it a card force, is like calling the "Think of a number 1-10, it's usually 7" a card force. If you successfully do the Anate force, you will still have to force something else, and that Is not taught. Equivoque would work, but I didn't buy a book to learn something that relies on equivoque! I wanted to learn a mental card force. This is a mental number force.

Not worth it at all.

An awful waste of $25.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The card force aspect is only one of the many applications for Anate.

Whilst it seems simple it is actually a very powerful piece and should be treated as such.

Dee is a great guy and I am sure that he will find some way to help you out.

The only question that I really have is how much mentalism have you read because this is quite an advanced technique that would be lost if you haven't done a great deal.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
To each's own, I don't care for it. I'd rather use sure-fire mentalism techniques. You're better off spending $25 on Practical Mental Magic than you are on one little number force. Trust me Annemann's stuff you could make a living from. This was a big letdown.

Feb 9, 2010
Boston
It does say right on the page "It's a subtlety that is not 100% sure fire." So you should have kind of known it was something similar.

However with that said; this was a problem with Luke Jermay's early material. Some of his techniques where not 100% surefire and people disliked the material for that reason. HOWEVER, the guys like Banachek where out there putting Luke's work into their performance. If they missed and it didn't work "well like I said it doesn't always work... here maybe if we tried this" and then moved into something that does hit 100%.

You have to mix that material in carefully and yea it won't work all the time. But that's half the fun of performoing that kind of material. It keeps you on your toes and it's difficult. It's not for everyone.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
it's not the sure-firedness of it that I'm worried about, it's Dee calling it a card force. Which it's not. Just wanted to let that out.

Regarding what you said, I do have some hit-miss things I perform mentalism wise. I'm more fond of the sure-fire Corinda/Annemann stuff, but I occasionally work some of Banachek's genius Psyc forces.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Will, I've ALWAYS stated that this is much more than just a technique that can be used in the force of a card.

I've been as honest as I can in ALL of the marketing of all of my products, ANATE especially - The reason the focus of the ad copy is a card effect is that "Simplex Killer" the feature effect of the first book is a card effect. The ad copy describes this.

Looking from your perspective, you were expecting a card force, but received something that is FAR more valuable, something that will allow you to create far more exciting miracles and that is far more versatile than a psyche card force.

"I'd rather use sure-fire mentalism techniques. You're better off spending $25 on Practical Mental Magic than you are on one little number force. "

I've been very, VERY clear that this is a PSYCHOLOGICAL/LINGUISTIC TECHNIQUE. It's a relatively advanced technique in my eyes, but I know many less experienced mentalists who hit with it all the time. It says on the ad page that it's not 100%, again, I stand by my products and the way I word my ads 1,000,000% - I make a living out of words, so I'm not going to lie.

I agree that buying Anneman is a wiser choice for someone who is looking between the too. The likelyhood is, if you haven't read Anneman, you're not likely to be at the stage where this force will be of any use to you.

Just as a final note, it's perfectly possible to make a living out of most magic tricks or mentalism routines, of course Anneman is a great choice, but before implying that this won't allow you to do that, look at the fact that I've built my reputation on this effect, it was in the top ten best sellers @ lybrary.com last year and it's gotten me ALOT of attention - I know it has for the lot of the guys out there using it too, the cafe is littered with glowing reviews, as is this forum.

It's a shame that you were disappointed by the technique, but I'm sure that in working with it, you'll very quickly change your mind.

All the best,

DC

Just a quick note I spoke with Dee about an alternative version that you guys may enjoy utilizing Anate, two spectators, two un-gimmicked watches and one crazy outcome. PM me if your interested I will be asking questions that only purchasers of Anate would know just to insure the secret isn't being exposed.

Shane.

Sep 3, 2007
Just a quick note I spoke with Dee about an alternative version that you guys may enjoy utilizing Anate, two spectators, two un-gimmicked watches and one crazy outcome. PM me if your interested I will be asking questions that only purchasers of Anate would know just to insure the secret isn't being exposed.

Shane.

Do us all a favor and don't expect everyone else to understand what you know. Even if you can convince them.

Drew

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Quick update here: I was doing some stuff at someone's party, did some magic then started easing into mental magic. After a quick routine with a burnt billet, i decided to try out anate, on a limb. I had a nail writer on for back up, but I tried out the force as part of a two number force. I forced 78, and it worked. I think I'll be trying this out more with the swami as back up, and once I get comfortable take it away.

After reading the Extended pdf, and letting sutff digest, I realize how much the Anate force will strengthen existing routines. I don't think I'll use it as a standalone, but definately for something inside a routine.

And Shane, I'm interested. I'll send a PM :D

Will

Apr 1, 2009
California
I can turn a taco into a musical instrument... but that's beside the point. I just was curious what you meant by your post.

I can actually tell you guys the routine without the fear of giving away the method but here is what I have played with so far.

Setting: A bar, restaurant, or house with a nice group of people and two men since they are more apt to both choose the force number, and both need a wrist watched.

You tell them you want to try an experiment by having both the men stand back to back.

Next you have them take their watches off and instruct them to pull the stems out all the way and turn the stem to see the hands turning.

Now tell them to place their watchs face down so there are no numbers to be seen to influence them and now to look forward and close their eyes.

You now perform Anate, after you have run through all the numbers you tell them to open their eyes and not to move.

Tell them to focus on the number they first thought of and to turn their watches over and turn the dial to where both the short and long hand are on a dead even number with no minutes just the hour and to push their stems back in and place their watches face down on their palm.

Now instruct them to turn around and face each other and turn their watches face up, if correctly executed they both should have chosen the same hour.

Thats the routine I have been playing with.

If it fails then tell them they have no true psychic abilities and you don't forsee a future for them in reading minds, this leaves you in a position to go into another mind reading routine on another level so you can prove your abilities of reading their mind.

It plays big when they both choose the right time everyone will go crazy.

Enjoy!

Shane.;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results