Anate Ultimate Edition

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anate Bundle by Dee Christopher
http://mindlapse.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/anate-ultimate-edition
Price: 12gbp or about $19 USD
Instant download (2 PDF files)

This is a product I've had my eye on for some time now. It was the first Dee Christopher product I saw and it caught my attention as I was very interested in psychological forces at the time. He later released a sort of second edition, the Anate: Ultimate Edition. This includes the original Anate manuscript, the method for Loki (another thing in which I was interested) and several different performer's routines using Anate. For about $19 USD, there's quite a lot included.

The very basic idea is a more streamlined version of Kolossal Killer by Kenton Knepper. You have someone name a card, and that card is in your wallet. That's only the very basic idea, though. The principle will allow quite a lot of versatility if some creativity is used. Some of those more versatile ideas are explained in the PDFs.

There's blurbs about other effects on the product info page.

Now, to be completely honest, I usually get frustrated with psychological forces. Often times they are lengthy bits that feel contrived to me. This is not. A few sentences, seconds of script really. It relies on a very devious bit of subtlety. It will, unfortunately, only work in English.

When I first read it, I will admit that it would have worked on me. My only concern was that it may be too subtle for some people. Trying it on my girlfriend, it half worked. I say half, because my delivery was not perfect, so in the end she didn't choose the force. However, she did think of it at one point. I am confident that repeated performance will improve those odds.

So what are the odds? The force is not 100% surefire. Used on its own, Dee says it will work 4 out of 5 times. But the PDFs contain routines and outs that will make it seem like you're hitting all the time if you so choose.

I also want to hit on Loki. This is an effect where you can divine the location of three colored poker chips. No gimmicks, completely impromptu. I like this a lot, and combined with Anate in the way Dee suggests it will allow you to practice using Anate without fear of failure, as failure will become irrelevant. You don't need to use poker chips, too. If you had three distinct coins or, really, any three things that could be held in the hands, I'm sure it would work more or less the same.

All in all, I'd say this is a solid product for the mental worker. Not only is the force itself very clever and subtle, but the amount of material using it will allow many ways to practice the force without having to worry about covering one's butt if it fails. I will be using it over the next few days and weeks to try to hone the delivery, and then I plan to follow up on this review.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results