And the obsession continues...

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
As many of you know, I have a bit of a obsession with the inversion plot. I have come up with numerous ideas utilizing the plot, as well as released a digital manuscript with a few of my favorite routines.

Probably mid-December last year I had the idea to do an ultra visual routine where the deck flipped around the card, instead of the card flipping in the deck. The idea had been done many times before, often using an Ego Change to accomplish the "visual" part of the effect.

I sat back down and tried to come up with a way to make it different. One handed? Who hasn't heard of the Clipshift. Then I had the idea to have the cards reverse in midair, while the deck was being dropped to a hand, a table, etc. After a few more weeks of researching, a couple of emails, and a lot of staying up late, I worked out the handling for this little piece.

I filmed a video about 2 months ago, sent it around to a few people, and the replies were pretty positive. For your viewing pleasure I have uploaded the performance to both Youtube and Vimeo.

Enjoy!

Rogue/ Vimeo
Rogue/ MyTube

David

Sep 1, 2007
Argh, why did you have to post a video? haha

When you showed this to me the other night a few weeks ago i sort of though "alright, double backer" until you stirpped it out, at which point I was confused.

Watching the video though, I knew I was going to be fooled and caught the only awkward moment in the trick which tipped off the method. The gimmicky nature of the trick turns me off, although I do have an idea for you...

PMs I guess... haha

Cheers,
Lucas

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Argh, why did you have to post a video? haha

When you showed this to me the other night a few weeks ago i sort of though "alright, double backer" until you stirpped it out, at which point I was confused.

Watching the video though, I knew I was going to be fooled and caught the only awkward moment in the trick which tipped off the method. The gimmicky nature of the trick turns me off, although I do have an idea for you...

PMs I guess... haha

Cheers,
Lucas

Got your PM, and have PM'd you back.

David

Jul 2, 2008
singapore
Clean... Too clean lol extremely nice. I can achieve the same effect but i need to clean up after the change. The method is Something i learned from another magician. Very Impressive :)

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Clean... Too clean lol extremely nice. I can achieve the same effect but i need to clean up after the change. The method is Something i learned from another magician. Very Impressive :)

Haha, I may not be quite as clean as I appear to be. The great thing about this effect is that you appear to be totally clean before and after the effect, and the actual cleanup is incredibly easy.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results