Andthensome ORANGE edition review part 3

Jan 15, 2008
Everythingelse

Goat

Appearance: A card is inserted face up in the center of the pack, with a snap and with no cover whatsoever the card changes.

Opinion: This thing, when done right, looks incredible. Anything you can do with the regular click change you can do with this.

Difficulty: It's a knack but with some practice you'll start to get it, and with lots of practice you'll get it even more. It's one of those types of moves.

Rating: 10/10 when done right, this looks like real magic.

Shepherd change: A variation of the DB spin change and the goat change, ( more so a variation of the goat change.)

Appearance: A card is put face up in the center of a deck and with a spin it changes.

Opinion: It doesn't look as good as the goat because it requires some cover, but it still looks very good.

Difficulty: much easier than the goat change, if you can do the DB spin change, you'' get this down pretty fast.

Rating: 8/10 it looks good but needs cover.

Orbit

Appearance: Orbit is an aerial double lift, it spins from one hand to the awaiting hand.

Opinion: This will with no doubt fool a magician into believing it's a single card, however it is not 100% reliable, it will split if not done exactly right.

Difficulty: This move is not really hard as much as it is unreliable, it will split from time to time and there is really not much to fix that.

Rating: 6/10-8/10 6/10 for a double since it is very unreliable 8/10 because it looks good and can be done as a flourish.

Ginistaire

Appearance: this is a double that spins around your thumb

Opinion: more reliable than the orbit double, but still splits and there is no way to prevent that.

Difficulty: Again, not to hard a move, but the unreliableness is just enough to make it a double that you can't really use and trust.

Rating: 6/10-8/10 same as orbit.

Note: this is not reliable as a double lift, but it can be used as a flourish and IS used as a flourish in the molecule 4 hollywood flourish on this dvd.

spinning top

Appearance: ANOTHER DOUBLE LIFT!!! there are a lot on this dvd, it is a double that spins on top of the deck.

Opinion: MUCH more reliable than any of the previous double lifts, with practice I think it can be 100% reliable.

Difficulty: It takes some practice to be able to do it without it splitting, but just making it spin is pretty easy.

Rating: 8/10 It's awesome

Jones change variation

Appearance: Same as the jones change but with this you can show your hand empty ( with the exception of the changed card) on both sides.

Opinion: uhhhh... probably wont use it, but if you like the jones change you'll really like this.

Difficulty: if you can do the jones change you can do this...

Rating: 7/10 just because I personally don't like the jones change.

Smoother- A way to smooth the sides of cheap decks like regular bikes.

Manfred shuffle

Appearance: This is a very convincing false riffle shuffle.

Opinion: I really like this, it is very convincing and will deceive the onlookers.

Difficulty: VERY easy, I was surprised at how easy it was.

Rating: 9/10 very convincing shuffle. Don't use it at poker games though.

Simpler switch

Appearance: A card flips on the deck and is changed.

Opinion: This is a pretty cool switch, I'll be thinking of ways to use it.

Rating: 8/10

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results