Angel as Mandrake

Do any of you remember the comic book series Mandrake the Magician? Yes? No? Mandrake the Magician was a comic book series back WAY back in the 1930s created by Lee Falk about an illusionist whose work was based on an impossibly fast hypnotic technique.

BEG and Hyde Park Entertainment have bought the rights to make a Mandrake movie, and Criss Angel is onboard to play the title character. Criss Angel......playing a fictional illusionist.......in a movie.......in my opinion, the ultimate low. Making a guest appearance on CSI: NY and Las Vegas was ok, but playing a big time role in a movie about a fictional magician? What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
leave the magician to Edward Norton, wait he's the next Hulk, can the hulk be a magician?
wait batman was, i guess so. :p

Sep 1, 2007
either of those three guys is fine by me... Cristian Bale learned magic to play his role in "The Prestige" to make it more realistic... and I'm sure his acting is far beyond Angel's.

Sep 1, 2007
Do any of you remember the comic book series Mandrake the Magician? Yes? No? Mandrake the Magician was a comic book series back WAY back in the 1930s created by Lee Falk about an illusionist whose work was based on an impossibly fast hypnotic technique.

BEG and Hyde Park Entertainment have bought the rights to make a Mandrake movie, and Criss Angel is onboard to play the title character. Criss Angel......playing a fictional illusionist.......in a movie.......in my opinion, the ultimate low. Making a guest appearance on CSI: NY and Las Vegas was ok, but playing a big time role in a movie about a fictional magician? What do you guys think?

I have come to find that chris angel is like a leach, he just sucks the blood out of you until you die.

I say...

Give him a chance. I'm not on board with giving him nothing but static about every little thing he does. Who knows, he might just surprise us.

Shane K.

I agree. I suspect the movie will suck but I will wait until it comes out and see what other people say about it. And no I will not bother to watch it unless a lot of people tell me it is really good or if I am on a plane and have no choice.

But on the up side maybe Criss will have to get a decent hair in order to play the part.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results