Angles for non spectator laymen?

When doing an effect, you obviously cover the giveaway angles for your audience. What about the passerbys? The people who aren't paying attention really, but if they looked over, could discover the secret.

Eg)
Say your doing a Torn and Restored card. You have the audience in front of you, but there are tables all around you, people behind you, should they choose to pay attention, will discover the secret.

My question is, do you ever present an effect so that only the audience is astonished, but everyone who isn't part of the "audience" (I use that term loosely) simply knows how its done?

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
you cover the view, thats what david stone says.
you cover the effect fromt eh other tables.

and a TnR card, you do the effect in front of your body so noone behind you can see it

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
If you're worried about a "non-audience audience", just try to do an angle-proof trick. If you're in the middle of an angle sensitive trick and you notice passerbys stop, stop your routine just long enough to invite them around to your "audience audience"... No big deal.

i use my body as much as possible, i always look around to see who is paying attention, and who isn't. I don't do table hopping that seems like suicide to me. unless is spread out pretty far. i go on the street and bars. If I see someone, you have 3 seconds after eye contact to push them away or invite them. If you are do anything else, they may linger.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results