Animation haunted deck handling issues

Mar 20, 2017
Hey guys,
I recently purchased the loops pack and am having difficulty with Chris' haunted deck handling. Doing his turn the deck end for end to loop just the selection and not the whole deck, with the loop around my palm I have to move my right hand to the far left to get the deck to separate. In the explanation and trailer he simply moves his hand up and to the right. However when I do this there's just severe tension and no budging of the card and it snaps
Any suggestions?

Also, any tips for keeping the loops centered on your palm when animating, lately the loop slides further and further towards the tip of my fingers fearing it'll fly off

Any help is appreciated

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hey guys,
I recently purchased the loops pack and am having difficulty with Chris' haunted deck handling. Doing his turn the deck end for end to loop just the selection and not the whole deck, with the loop around my palm I have to move my right hand to the far left to get the deck to separate. In the explanation and trailer he simply moves his hand up and to the right. However when I do this there's just severe tension and no budging of the card and it snaps
Any suggestions?

Also, any tips for keeping the loops centered on your palm when animating, lately the loop slides further and further towards the tip of my fingers fearing it'll fly off

Any help is appreciated

Are you using old or new cards?

Use a fairly new deck that’s been broken in somewhat

Don’t use a very well used deck. They’ve lost some of their sheen and will stick to each other and be too hard to seperate & break your loop.

Also - BEFORE you use a new loop - stretch it out to its maximum. It’s like a muscle..it needs a warm up and will last longer

Re slippage...open your hand more naturally - the tension from the loop should hold it to position

Re Haunted Deck version...I prefer the classic version. I think the loop works more on the upper half of the deck better in the classic version and the card doesn’t catch - Something I really don’t like in Chris’ version.

In the classic version - it shoots out freely and as a spectator takes the selection all heat is on the card - not the deck and the thread can be removed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results