Annoying Spectators

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
I recently posted this video on my youtube channel about some annoying types of spectators :
So I thought it would be interesting to hear some stories about annoying/difficult spectators you have come across.
If you could also post how you dealt with the hecklers, I think it could help beginner magicians who are worried about what to do in that kind of situation.
Thanks!

Reactions: dklegacy13

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
XD lol... I had an experience with an older lady who grabbed the deck away from me placed the card in there and challenged me to find the card. I just walked away , I believe she would fall under the category of violent spectator .... Good Job Dean.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Heh I once did tossed out deck and one lady didn't sit. I asked what card she had seen and she named a card that wasn't even in the deck. So awkward because you can't exactly call them out for lying.... Now I always have a clear box in view on the side of the stage with a deck of cards (invisible) inside. If anyone ever lies again, I will go to the box for an invisible deck finale.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Heh I once did tossed out deck and one lady didn't sit. I asked what card she had seen and she named a card that wasn't even in the deck. So awkward because you can't exactly call them out for lying.... Now I always have a clear box in view on the side of the stage with a deck of cards (invisible) inside. If anyone ever lies again, I will go to the box for an invisible deck finale.

Clever out!

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
XD lol... I had an experience with an older lady who grabbed the deck away from me placed the card in there and challenged me to find the card. I just walked away , I believe she would fall under the category of violent spectator .... Good Job Dean.
Thanks! I've never had anyone actually grab the deck but once in a while I'll get a person where I cut the deck and tell them to place the card back and instead they try to put it somewhere else and end up bending the card. Usually I can get them to put it where I want and then just let them shuffle so they know it's really lost (I've already palmed their card off anyway :D)

Dec 31, 2015
Once, I had a show-off spectator, who when asked to shuffle the cards decided to riffle shuffle them with a bridge ending (he took two minutes to do it), after that, the cards were seriously bent up as the show-off couldn't riffle shuffle properly. That deck was promptly thrown away afterward. In addition to that, I also had a spectator, who could not stop messing with the card box and the two jokers on top of it. He just couldn't stop touching them and messing with them. Now, in situations where the magic does not involve the box or jokers, both return to my pocket after I get the deck out. As far as show-offs, I mime the overhand shuffle, so hopefully nobody bends my cards again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results