Any book/pdf/dvd similar to "pure effects"

Nov 8, 2008
Copenhagen
I've read "Pure effects" by Derren Brown, and I loved it. (I'm currently practicing his three card routine).Do you guys know similar materials? Stuff that are kind of card and mentalism related?

Thanks.

Nov 8, 2007
- Mindpower Deck by John Kennedy
- Radar Deck by Richard Osterlind (On his Mind Mysteries 1 DVD as well as sold separately on his site.)
- Memorized Deck/Card System Effects (Check out Mnemonica [book] by Juan Tamariz, Mind Mysteries 2 - Breakthrough Card System [DVD] by Richard Osterlind, and Six Hour Memorized Deck [book] by Martin Joyal).

There's some really good mentalism with cards on Daniel Madison's DVD. I use Bad Influence all the time. And Dee Christopher's Anate is as pure as mentalism with cards gets.

Hope this helps. Happy Magic!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Mat, perhaps you could help me with this. What's the idea behind the Six Hour Memorized Deck? (I mean, not, the method or the stack, but why is it special?) I took a look at the page for the Six Hour Memorized Deck, and it seems that its main selling point is based on simplicity and ease of memorisation. But that seems plain silly on account of the average time taken to memorise Mnemonica (which, incidentally, I highly recommend) is only 3 hours - indeed, I memorised Mnemonica in under two and a half. I don't understand why a memorised deck which is memorised in double the time is a selling point unless it has anything else to go for it :S

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The only two Memorized Decks I recommend are the Aronson Stack and Mnemonica one. Both should take around 2-3 hours and have a ton of effects for them.

Mar 22, 2009
The Six Hour Memorized Deck is based on rules that supposedly make it easier to remember than using brute force, mnemonics or other systems. It has no built in features.

The tricks in the book are also weak in my opinion. All of them except for one completely destroy the stack, they are indirect procedure wise and the effects can easily be duplicated without resorting to destroying the stack.

It's a noble effort on Joyal's part and for me the best part of the book was the examination of the different types of stacks and systems that have been published and the bibliography of memdeck effects and resources. The bibliography isn't nearly as extensive as the one in Mnemonica, but it's still nice.

P.S. I think I saw you on Sunday night...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results