Any Live Magic - DaveyG V.S. RDChopper

Oct 22, 2008
lolll because we can't understand him. I thought both of you did a good job. But for RDChopper I never knew spanish class would actually come in handy lol. I understood atleast half the stuff he was saying. At the beginning I was not sure who I was gonna vote for considering I only saw one performance from you and than I noticed RDC went straight to another group that was watching him before which than almost forced me to vote for him. It was a little bit more amusing. But you both did a great job so keep it up. And if that is the board walk RDC you are making me jealous and anxious cause ill be there in about a day lol.

-Jake

May 31, 2008
lolll because we can't understand him. I thought both of you did a good job. But for RDChopper I never knew spanish class would actually come in handy lol. I understood atleast half the stuff he was saying. At the beginning I was not sure who I was gonna vote for considering I only saw one performance from you and than I noticed RDC went straight to another group that was watching him before which than almost forced me to vote for him. It was a little bit more amusing. But you both did a great job so keep it up. And if that is the board walk RDC you are making me jealous and anxious cause ill be there in about a day lol.

-Jake

Just a quick question, how does RDC going to another group make him the winner. I mean, where I live, there aren't many people. How does having more people to perform for make you a winner? Just a question, there might be a good reason, I'm just curious.

I was out performing all day, and if you want to see the other performances you can watch this video:

http://www.vimeo.com/5332041

First off, kudos to both of you for live performances, both done verry well I might add.

DaveyG,
first...What happened to your hair? It used to be awesome! Did you get it cut? Anyway, it's been said before, pressure is not a trick for the camera, it did help a little with the camera positioning, but still....good job with the trick though.

RDC,
I really liked you video, the second trick was a little hard to follow though, your first performance was good. I really loved that you picked tricks that actually involve the spectator, it somehow just makes the magic more real...Not much else to give here....

In the end, I voted for RDC...

my two cents..

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Just a quick question, how does RDC going to another group make him the winner. I mean, where I live, there aren't many people. How does having more people to perform for make you a winner? Just a question, there might be a good reason, I'm just curious.

I was out performing all day, and if you want to see the other performances you can watch this video:

http://www.vimeo.com/5332041

I don't see the point of posting another video, there is nothing to prove, and about "why performing for more people it's better?" I think it is because it's actually harder that performing for one person, I mean, you have to interact and be nice with everybody, you have to watch your angles, you need to make everybody part of the trick in one way or another, there is a lot of room for adaptation and improvisation with more people.

BTW, I hope you were joking about "I hope nobody votes for him because they can't understand him" ...

If you were serious, you need to mature, and if you were joking, it's not funny AND you need to mature.

Sorry for being harsh, but I hate people looking down in my performances just because I perform in another language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I don't see the point of posting another video, there is nothing to prove, and about "why performing for more people it's better?" I think it is because it's actually harder that performing for one person, I mean, you have to interact and be nice with everybody, you have to watch your angles, you need to make everybody part of the trick in one way or another, there is a lot of room for adaptation and improvisation with more people.

BTW, I hope you were joking about "I hope nobody votes for him because they can't understand him" ...

If you were serious, you need to mature, and if you were joking, it's not funny AND you need to mature.

Sorry for being harsh, but I hate people looking down in my performances just because I perform in another lenguage.

Cough* it's spelled language*cough

Just kidding man, another great job.

May 31, 2008

Sorry for being harsh, but I hate people looking down in my performances just because I perform in another language.

I was saying that yours was much better and that my only hope is people not voting for you because they couldn't understand. It was a compliment, not an insult.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I was saying that yours was much better and that my only hope is people not voting for you because they couldn't understand. It was a compliment, not an insult.

If that's the case, thanks for the compliment, I have gotten some troubles before because of the language I perform in.:)

May 31, 2008
If that's the case, thanks for the compliment, I have gotten some troubles before because of the language I perform in.:)

Yeah that's really bad. Just because your patter is in a different language it doesn't mean it's bad.

With other thing I was just asking JTSM why one person having more people to perform for is a reason to vote for said person. That just doesn't make sense to me.

It was a very tough decision to make. Both of you performed well and your spectators enjoyed it. That is the most important thing.

However, this is a battle. I watched both of your videos multiple times in an effort to make the best decision.

I voted for RDC because the contest was "Any Live Magic". In my opinion he had better energy and he better represented what I imagine a good street performance should be.

I was very close to voting for DaveyG. I liked that you were performing something outside of card effects and that almost won you my vote. But in the end I tried to see it from the spectators eyes, who only see the magic and not the devices.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results