Any opinions...

Apr 27, 2008
This is something I made up about 4:30 in the morning using some basic sleights and used it a buddy of mine and was floored by it of course it was still the early early morning.

I'm sure most magicians who know basic sleights will get this but any quick suggestions or opinions on it. I usually don't care but anything to help this would be nice. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8G3Dj5y99Q

It was okay but there are several tricks like this already. Also, by adding in those video annotations I kept trying to read them which took my focus off of the effect then I had to watch it again. Also, your camera is very skippy and makes it tough to see some stuff. It was pretty good though.

Dylan P.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
1. get a better camera. no offence but watching a laggy magic video just kinda takes the fun out of it.
2. I would suggest expanding the effect more. Although your presentation works, it has a lot of potential to be way more. If you add more patter and an actual story or message of some sort, it will hit a lot harder and create a much deeper impression.
3. I would suggest revealing the prediction after the card is shown. This does not set them up for anything. People who know what is going to happen is going to try to stop it from happening. If you ask them to pick a card, show it, then show the prediction, they will be caught off guard, thus not having the sleightest idea how it was done.

Overall, not a bad trick. But just try to expand it and make it more interesting.

Apr 27, 2008
Yeah my advice is don't watch to many dirty videos otherwise everything on your computer gets skippy. I have firewalls, etc. otherwise thanks for the tips since you definitely helped me out. My voice lags really bad which is why I don't make to many vids but christmas is coming soon so new camera hopefully.

Obviously this is the rough draft for something I plan on doing but I decided instead of getting any bad habits and becoming stubborn it would be fresh and ripe for the picking for any comments. So I took down the notes and plan on making this better and I am very good with stories and patter so that should be no problem.

*Crosses fingers and wishes for a new camera*

Nov 10, 2007
I stopped watching it because the video quality was bad however get yourself a new camera and people will enjoy your videos bteer

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results