Any recomendations for effects?

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm Sweden
Hello everyone.
After doing magic for about 6-7 months now all my friends are very well aware of the fact that i always have a deck of cards with me. I really love to perform infront of new people and still love to trick my firends. But i have come to a place in magic that i have learned like about 6-7 effects really good and perform them on a regular basis.
The effects that i use are:
Biddle Trick
Ultimate transpo from Born to Perform by Oz Pearlman
Two Card Monte from the same dvd
Witness By Lee Asher
Panic by Aaron Fisher. ( i perform this as an opener sometimes )
ACR
Triumph

I am now wondering what effects that you people use and love to do. Im not that much into Gimmicked cards and i like impromtu effects. Thats might sound wierd considering that i use Witness and Panic. But i want to learn more impromtu card effects.

So please just spill it, what effects do you use when you perform?
Any suggestions? I usally stand up when i do thees effects

Oct 3, 2007
germany
one of my favorites is subway from the trilogy. It's visual, impromptu and the handling is quite simple to master.

Zep.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I really enjoy preforming the Cards Across effect on the Trilogy because i like how the card appears using ''Aaron Fishers Popover Move'' in that type of effect.It looks awsome when you combine the two.

Take care

Cheers,

Antney1234

Oct 24, 2007
Well, I usually only ever do non-gimmicked effects. The only gimmicked effect I do is Digital Dissolve.

Anyway, here's my list of effects that I perform:

Subway
Hedburgs Peak
Tivo 2.0
Dilemma!
(my own effect)
Digital Dissolve
Digital Decay
(spin off of Digital Dissolve)
ACR (with my own twist)
The Queens

Those are really my "go to" tricks. Dilemma is the card effect I usually go to. Peace and God bless!

Tyler

Oct 24, 2007
ok, you guys are really going to like this :D

(one of my favorite) 3 cards across from Royal Road to Card Magic
Guees their card :D
Card across followed by Hand to mouth from the Trilogy
Distortion
Biddle man card trick
And Invisible Palm using Wayne Houchin's performance

There are few more but i cant think of them right now

f1stzero:D

well i wached the "new to magic" video on theory 11 and lee asher said to only pick 3 effects.
my three effets are:
repro retro
jacksyna(ps)ces
punk'd

i love to perform these and i think they are really cool

glad to help :D

C

clarrus

I actually don't know the name of one of my favorite effects because it was taught to me by an ancient mystic guru but it's where they pick a card, put in deck, then pick out four cards and ask them if any of them are it. When they say none of them are it I have them tap on one of them and ask them to flip it over and it is their card

Witness is also a nice one I like
Me guessing their card from them picking them from the deck

and a bunch others.

Sorry i don't know the names but I really didn't have a "formal" magic education. I grew up in the hood son.......

May 13, 2008
Effect Recommendations

Two impromptu and powerfully effective card tricks that I've done for years (listing these will age me) are: Dai Vernon's "Thumb Print Card Trick" and Brother John Hamman's Acey-Deucey. While these are very different from each other they both are quite amazing and entertaining to the audience, very practical under almost all conditions and with almost any deck (white border decks are helpful though) and while they are not self-working by any means, they allow for a great deal of attention to the presentation.

Oct 14, 2007
Sydney, Australia
My favourite routine uses:
King's Incognito (A triumph routine by Martin A. Nash)
Invisible Palm
Lee Asher's Asher Twist
and then i finish with my own variation on George McBride's Ace de Triomphe

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results