Any Volunteers?

Jul 10, 2010
McAllen, TX
www.wix.com
Hey, you may know I am trying to get a website together. The problem is I have no clue what I am doing on a technical aspect haha. Anyone want to volunteer to help me make a nice website? My technical abilities are crap and I don't want to reflect that. Help. Please. Someone.

Thanks,
- Zac

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
While I do have basic knowledge of CSS Scripts and HTML, I would recommend looking into www.squarespace.com. They have a free trial to start with and have a very user-friendly process to creating a website.

The alternatives include : hiring someone to setup the site for you (once setup, you can edit it) or learning scripts yourself from free online resources.

Mar 21, 2011
I would recommend www.themeforest.net

There's a blogging platform called Wordpress that is very popular, and a lot of normal (ie: non blog) websites are made using it. Themeforest sells beautiful Wordpress themes for around $35 so they're a relatively inexpensive way of getting a professional looking website.

Wordpress is nice because anyone can add content and change things without much technical knowledge, as it can all be done in an interface similar to the textbox that this reply is being typed in.

If you were to get one of those, I can set it up for you. You would, however, need to pay around $5-7 a year for a domain name, and a little more for reliable web hosting.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
There are tons of FREE web site building programs out there, I used one of the Yahoo systems for my non-show-biz site. I can't recall the name of it, but there's one company that's just recently started with some national ads, that have excellent flash sites. You need to double check on the hosting side, if I remember right I stopped trying to work with them because they would include eMail packages with hosting fees sat higher than companies that did.

Yahoo Business cost me less than $25.00 a month and it really is all you need.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results