Anyone dabbled in Voodoo/Witchcraft.

Oct 19, 2017
I would like to know the opinion of others. I've been researching evidence of the supernatural such as voodoo/black magic/witchcraft. I read that it's real and dangerous http://biblereasons.com/is-voodoo-real/. Does magic tricks lead to practicing it, meaning a desire to go deeper into magic? And is it just an illusion? Please help with any information.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Performing magic does NOT directly lead to a need to go find "black art teachers". Whether you believe in it or not, it doesn't matter, but sometimes people go to these massive "voodoo" centers and think they are doing real magic, but honestly, these places are huge scams. They use illusions to lure people in and then keep taking their money.

The 2 things (our magic and the "voodoo magic") are actually super unrelated in the modern day and age. Anybody who gets into performing magic is not likely to even think about going down the other route. Now, there are those who have, but it is not exactly related.

I believe @ChristopherT said something about the subject once, you may want to hit him up (though I may be wrong. He may have been talking about a separate discussion about names).

Aug 15, 2017
I would like to know the opinion of others. I've been researching evidence of the supernatural such as voodoo/black magic/witchcraft. I read that it's real and dangerous http://biblereasons.com/is-voodoo-real/. Does magic tricks lead to practicing it, meaning a desire to go deeper into magic? And is it just an illusion? Please help with any information.
Well
I have never experienced it...so I would not give my opinions on whether it is real or not
However I can't help but feel they are not real and are scams like Maaz said. People who are not happy with just claps and wow's, they also want to make people believe in totally wrong things.

However, of course I will tell you that. Because I want to hide the fact that I am a bloody scary witchy shaman here.
Bwahahahaha!!!!
Now excuse me while I go clean my voodoo dolls...also...

MY FACE WILL HAUNT YOU IN YOUR DREAMS!!!!!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The magic discussed on these forums is all "fake", creating the illusion of a miraculous occurrence.

To my knowledge I can only think of one person (who might have posted here on T11 now that I think about it) that claimed that studying sleight of hand and such lead directly to studying ritual magick. It is not common, that's for sure. Most people who do magic, thanks to Harry Houdini et al, are quite fond of trying to "expose" those who practice ritualistic magicks.

It should also be noted that this is a subject which often causes uninformed individuals to show their prejudice and bigotry.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results