Anyone else NOT impressed?

Sep 1, 2007
I know I'm not impressed. I'm not talking about this site only, but all of them
Nothing that has come out recently has impressed me. TNR looked good, but I talked to my friend about it and read reviews, it just seems like to much work (to me) and I would rather do torn.

It's not a bad thing though, I still get to work on mastering everything on the trilogy. I mean magics not about getting the new thing, if you did that all the time you would have a lot of new things that are now old and would not be able to do any of them right.

But I guess I sort of feel left out to dry, if you know what I mean. I'm not really sure what I'm waiting for. Its just that everything feels recycled. Like we are stuck in a loop. I thought t11 would change that, but half of the things that they released here were already out.

Sigh.... I feel like the guy that plays piano on Charlie Brown. Or maybe I'm confusing him with someone else on there. Sorry if you feel the topic is pointless, it's just been bugging me.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
I feel the same, nothing really exceptional, the cards are alright and a couple of the 1on1's. Besides that all the other effects are old and have been done before, the site is good, an almost good community but the things sold are under par.

I think the tricks and effects so far are great, the thing is though, they are nothing new or really that amazing.

The whole 'Underground' Community it was made out to be, has been ruined by the Facebook, the soon to be Myspace, the ad's in Magazines etc.

I think the guys who run this site, are great, and im sure there are big things to come, I think we are just trying to expect so much so soon.

There are plenty of effects that are coming out that look fantastic, so dont just be 'locked in' to just buying Theory11 Effects. I would love the Virts to become part of Theory11, that would be fantastic

Sep 1, 2007
There are plenty of effects that are coming out that look fantastic, so dont just be 'locked in' to just buying Theory11 Effects. I would love the Virts to become part of Theory11, that would be fantastic

I don't just look into t11 effects. I look at a lot of places. I just can't find anything I like. I can't help it...and my patrnts just tirnd the light off so now I cant see what I;m typeing. good night lol.

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
I would think by now everyone would realize that we are all here to talk about magic, meet new friends and have fun.

It is not like this all happens by itself. It takes tons of thought, planning and hard work. It is not all about the products.

Impressed... to be honest I am very impressed

Chris Kenner

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I would think by now everyone would realize that we are all here to talk about magic, meet new friends and have fun.

It is not like this all happens by itself. It takes tons of thought, planning and hard work. It is not all about the products.

Impressed... to be honest I am very impressed

Chris Kenner

I agree with you all the way...

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Aug 31, 2007
If we are here to talk about magic, meet new friends and have fun... I would like to humbly question the need to advertise and hype the site up as a "revolution in magic", "the next step to advance the art", "underground magic epicentre" and whatnot.

I guess hype is often met with disappointment.

I'm not impressed... yet. I really do hope Theory11 will be the best out there. I really do.

- harapan. magic!

Oct 6, 2007
Youve got to understand that new effects and 'revolutionary' stuff doesnt just appear with a click of the fingers- would be pretty magical tho eh? haha

But im very very impressed with t11. Their are WAY ahead of the game right now. I mean theyre a new site, and although the effects may have been similar to others theyre still DAMN GOOD.

Think about it..theyre probably the most caring of customers/visitors site out there, and 11 of the worlds greatest magicians are part of it.

E had to redesign their site cuz of this. :)

Sep 2, 2007
Bayern aka Bavaria
Which other site do you know, where the staff is around the forums that much and doesn't hasitate to make jokes about each other. If you write them a PM you will have an answer within few hours. I really think that it's great that they take the time to read and answer questions we are asking them!
Hands up for T11!

Dastra

Sep 1, 2007
I think what people are forgetting is the part of Performing the magic. We do magic to entertain others right? They don't know how many effects are the same or if it has been released before. All they know (when done right) is that what they just saw was unbelievable. So isn't it for them to enjoy, not for us to be impressed?

Theory aimed to be a community more than a product site (Hence the limited products) I think the community is begining to take shape and find its mould, it takes time for every community to get its footing, establish it's own identity and such, I think it's going forward rather nicely.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
This kind of goes back to the topic "What is wrong with magic today?" but what the hell. Theory 11 came about to provide you with the tools to be a better performer. To advance your skill and the art by doing so. Too many magicians now just want to impress other magicians and forget that we are entertainers. It's not all about the tricks (hence the 1 on 1 section). Any trick can be the best effect out there in the hands of someone who knows how to perform.

Cheers!

Sep 9, 2007
you know what, there's always pessimistic "(insert community) is dead!!!" people in every community that need to just sit back and chill out.

I'm on a hip hop forum and AT LEAST once a week, there's a "hip hop is dead!" thread..."nobody does it like Pac did it"...

I'm in a pickup forum and every week there's a thread about how the community is going to be found out and people are worried their precious routines, attitudes and everything else they've learned is going to get pointed out in the middle of a pickup.

I used to hang out with a bunch of tuners, and they complained continually about how now every kid has a Civic and an exhaust and shiny stickers.

seriously, if you're worried about being "found out", "selling out", or the community dying, then that just means you don't have the spirit (notice i didn't say skill) to run with the best. The people who love it KNOW it will change and evolve and will always work harder to be their very best at it.

There are pickup forums...? Wow... then again this is the internet, I don't know why it surprises me. It's funny that they worry about exposure, I wonder if they submit petitions to Youtube too to ban 'noobs' from exposing thier latest techniques. I always found the whole, opening my mouth and talking technique worked rather well, not sure about anyone else. As for magic, what can you do, magic is lame, give up and find a real hobby or something.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results