Anyone looking for help?

Jun 24, 2008
I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this, however, In my mind this is an honest thing to do. I found through the years that what I've longed for in the magic community was someone to simply ask "Hey, are you working on anything, Do you need help?" Having never been on the receiving end of this question I thought It would be thoughtfull to offer this to anyone who would like any help at all; ideas, technical advice, etc. I can see how some could see this as me bragging, this is not my intention at all, my goal is to simply advance my art. As to your inquiries, post them here or PM me. I've been doing magic for around 12 years so... knock yourselves out=]

These are not tutorials, this is assistance( that means if you don't know it, at all, like dont know a move/ havent purchased it, dont ask me.

James

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Great idea. I have a question about the pass. I have spent well over 2 years working on my pass and have gotten it pretty invisible. Do you suggest that i should only use it under misdirection when i have the spectators attention(and when they are not looking at the deck)? Or should i not worry about it. Thanks.

Jun 24, 2008
I personally have used it in both situations. Its a personal thing I beleive, it depends on how comfortable you are with your pass. If you practice to perfection you'll be invisible weather they are looking or not.=]

Jun 24, 2008
thats to say that if you practice so that it will become invisble then you should be comfortable performing it with the spec burning your hands, if you practice it so that you misdirection is spot on then use misdirection.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Srry im back already with another question. I am thinking of purchasing Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher. Do you own it? If you do, is the material useful? I have heard a few people say they will never use anything in the book. However the stuff looks really unique and challenging which excites me. If the material is challenging, i am willing to spend the time and work with it but only if it is worth while.
Thanks again!

Jun 24, 2008
Not a problem, unfortunatley I do not own the book but I assure you that It's clever moves and insights into performances are woth the money. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.
Actuall I've seen a review on T11 about the Paper Engine. might search for it. By the way, how old are you, how long have you been into magic, that first question was a very good one.=]

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Yes i have seen the review on here. I was just looking for a personal opinion. What ever...
I am 16 and have been doing magic since i was like 7 ( if you call the little ball and vase trick magic. lol) My grandfather is my major influence as he was the first person who showed me magic. I think it was sponge bunnies. And, because of the appearance, i couldn't tell they were made of foam. I thought they were solid...impossible!.haha. That's what sparked my interest.
Where do you perform your magic? Do you do close-up, restaurant, stage, etc. just curious...=)
EDIT: As for the age, i didn't start to get really serious into card magic until i was about 10 or 11.

Jun 24, 2008
Nice, were pretty similar: Im 17 and my first tricks were like that too=] My grandfather was also my first influence although he was a coin man. I perform mainly on a walk around basis, however I know this nice little chineese restaurant where I eat for free every time I have a deck of cards with me=] Is there anything that you're working on?

Jun 24, 2008
sounds incredible, I'd love to hear the method=]
One you might be interested in is "the stranger card" which i learned from ellusionist's " army of 52" the plot is based off of "Ed marlo's stranger card plot"

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Oh yeah. I got AO52 last year. The stranger card is my favorite effect on the DVD.
BTW check your PM's

Jun 24, 2008
It would be neat to combine them somehow, like start red deck stranger card, sealed int another red deck or somehow re-seal the original? lots of neat ideas to be played with there.

Jun 24, 2008
My friend that is an incredible method!! I like it though I did see at least one corner to cut: instead of using....your sister, you could use the magicians choice, thats to say make them choose the pack you like. Just a thought, and very resoursful=]

Jun 24, 2008
anytime. two questions: do you flourish, and do you know the clipshift?Where do you perform? what's your favorite aspect of card magic( controls, forces, color changes)?

Jun 24, 2008
Earnest eric's " By Forces Unseen or if you like a more classical aproach
"Expert at the card table" by S.W.Erdnase
"Sleightly Magical" by Dan and Dave Buck
"Smooth Opperations" by Kevin Ho
Each of these should keep you busy for a while=]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results