Anyone who's been to NYC...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magicpowder, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Can anyone tell me any good magic shops in NYC? This is my first time going, (sometime next month! :D) and sadly where I live (Illinois) their are no magic shops in the entire state! So if anyone could tell me any good ones it would help a lot, thanks in advance!

2. Fantasma is cool.

3. Tannens Magic Shop is great :)

Robert.

4. Never been, but I hear remarkable comments about Tannen's.

5. Tannens was great when I visited in January, I believe the guy behind the counter was named Steve, same as mine :p

Very friendly and helpful! :)

6. Like everyone else is saying, Tannens is great. A little expensive, but that's retail for you.

Mike is usually the one behind the counter. He's a pretty cool dude. Also, if you know who Spencer Peterson is, he works there on weekends I think.

7. TANNENS!!!!!!!!

I went there when i was 13 and thats when i got into magic. My friends have also been multiple times and everytime they come back with some great stuff. Awesome shop.

8. Could of been Mike... For some reason I thought it was a Steve, maybe that was someone else, somewhere else... Who knows! It was my first time there and maybe my last, unless I go all the way to NY again in the near future! :)

9. Yeah Tannen's all the way, I went there a couple weeks ago, and everyone was very friendly. They recommended some stuff, and even performed a few tricks for me. All around great shop.

10. Actually, there are quite a few magic shops in Illinois.

PJ's Trick Shop
    Ash's Magic Shop
    Chucks House of Magic
    Dallas & Company
    Magic, Inc
    Midwest Magic
    Hampel's Magic Center.

In NY:

Tannen's
    Fantasma

hope this helps!

ke