Anyone who's been to NYC...

Oct 19, 2007
Can anyone tell me any good magic shops in NYC? This is my first time going, (sometime next month! :D) and sadly where I live (Illinois) their are no magic shops in the entire state! So if anyone could tell me any good ones it would help a lot, thanks in advance!

Sep 1, 2007
Like everyone else is saying, Tannens is great. A little expensive, but that's retail for you.

Mike is usually the one behind the counter. He's a pretty cool dude. Also, if you know who Spencer Peterson is, he works there on weekends I think.

Oct 9, 2007
virginia
TANNENS!!!!!!!!

I went there when i was 13 and thats when i got into magic. My friends have also been multiple times and everytime they come back with some great stuff. Awesome shop.

Could of been Mike... For some reason I thought it was a Steve, maybe that was someone else, somewhere else... Who knows! It was my first time there and maybe my last, unless I go all the way to NY again in the near future! :)

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
Yeah Tannen's all the way, I went there a couple weeks ago, and everyone was very friendly. They recommended some stuff, and even performed a few tricks for me. All around great shop.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Can anyone tell me any good magic shops in NYC? This is my first time going, (sometime next month! :D) and sadly where I live (Illinois) their are no magic shops in the entire state! So if anyone could tell me any good ones it would help a lot, thanks in advance!

Actually, there are quite a few magic shops in Illinois.

PJ's Trick Shop
Ash's Magic Shop
Chucks House of Magic
Dallas & Company
Magic, Inc
Midwest Magic
Hampel's Magic Center.

In NY:

Tannen's
Fantasma

hope this helps!

ke