Apollo Prop

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Hey i was wondering if someone could help me identify a prop i've seen recently. Its found in this video at about 2:45, the chip to visa fold out. I can swear ive seen the gimmick somewhere else before but i cant seem to find it anymore. Any help, name or location would be great. Another question, i have for the most part ordered my cards from kardwell, i was wondering if anyone else had any cheaper or better quality options as im getting kinda sick of damaged or poorly cut cards. Also i was wondering if anyone had any other good must have material for a close up show. I perform some cards and some coins at an intermediate to about advanced level and im looking for some more material to incorporate into my act. short list of what i have follows, please name anything you think is a must have

David Stone's dvd's
Vernon Chronicles
Drawing Room Deceptions
Totally out of Control
and several other books and dvd's.

also i dont wanna hear just work on the stuff i already have, i do that, and have done that, i know the material i have and have found what i like and what works and what doesn't for me. Im looking for material i dont know that i can try and decide if it fits my style, so if your just going to make that suggestion, skip this thread and move on to the one about which deck is better

Well. a single must have that has helped me tremendously and will def help you is the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings. Get it, you just might fall in love... I mean its got everything, from an impromtu card to bottle, to a travellers routine where the aces travel to your pockets, TWICE. Man, this book is both amazing and inspiring to come with new material.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Ok so that was kind of a cluttered post to say the least... haha :p

Anyway, I can't answer your question about the Apollo R prop, but I CAN answer the other two.

For nicely cut cards for good prices?

-Theory11 sells cheap tally-hos, which are amazing :D
-eBay has a lot of good deals on Aladdins, I could hook you up with a great smooth finish Aladdin seller...

WHAT KIND OF CARDS ARE YOU SPECIFICALLY LOOKING TO BUY?

For good Close-Up material, I would recommend...

-Card Fictions (Pit Hartling)
-Art of Magic (Wayne Houchin)
-Roadrunner Cull (Kostya Kimlat)
-Mnemonica (Juan Tamariz)

I will name more if they come to me, but from these four, you will DEFINITELY have amazing tricks that are at your level or above.

All the best,

-Sanj

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
thanks for the replies so far, I have both The classic magic of larry jennings, Art of magic and the roadrunner cull. As for the cards, i usually stick with red bikes or circle back tally's although im starting to really like Arrco's.

thanks for the replies so far, I have both The classic magic of larry jennings, Art of magic and the roadrunner cull. As for the cards, i usually stick with red bikes or circle back tally's although im starting to really like Arrco's.

well then man it seems like youd be set! youve got some epic material to go through, and arrcos just might be the best cards in existence but you can try some Studs from walgreens, at 1.99, they are PERFECT for close up work!

If you really must need some new material, there are two other sources I can recommend, that being anything by Zenneth Kok, or Aaron Fisher's Paper engine. There is a lot of solid material in both of these sources.

Nov 8, 2008
Copenhagen
The Classic magic of Michael Vincent.
Are you only doing cards?
You could do Fiber optics (ropes) as it can be used for close up.

Anything by Vernon is generally considered required reading for the close-up student. I'd pass on everything else and start in on his material, then turn to his students to understand it from a different perspective.

I'm on this path now, and I have been rewarded over and over by Vernon since I started.

Pj

Edit: just realized you have his stuff, but I'll stand by my comment. Do you have the Book of Magic? I'd also recommend the Books of Wonder. The initial essay on attention direction is, pardon the cliche, worth the price of the book.

the david stone dvds have alot of workable tricks on there. from coin across tricks, to reset tricks.
rope tricks, flower productions.
its very good for walk around, strolling, or hopping.
i would deff take a look into that.
some of the material is quite difficult, but well worth it in the end.
i use his card to mouth frequently!

Card fictions is great

if you need material for a close up show. check out some of the worlds greatest magic videos. they have lots of different classic tricks and lots of performances of the trick in different patter, and routineing

check out BILL MALONE
he has alot of great close up magic
some of it is quite advanced too.
Sam the Bellhop for example.
Easy principal, but to get it down takes alife time!

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
thanks for all the replies, just an update i have David Stone's dvd's, and the Paper engine, im starting to think i should just list everything i have. i am not just doing cards, but it is what im predominantly proficient at. I have heard great things about Fiber Optics ive just been always a little uneasy with rope magic, it all looks the same to me and not sure of its impact upon people. I will definitely look into Card Fictions and i have been thinking on Bill Malone's stuff for awhile i may just have to pick it up now. and DAMN that gimmick is hard to identify.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results