Appearing Cane?

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Hey guys, I recently got an appearing cane and I'm having some trouble with it. It was used, so I don't know if that was a problem, but the person I bought it from used it fine, so I'm just pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. This thread is really meant for people who actually have one of these. Thing is I bought this at a magic yard sale (it was pretty cool), and it didn't come with any instructions.

So one problem I think is that I don't think I'm closing it right. It's really hard to close it/compact it, and I hardly ever get it to its fully compacted form. And when I do, it doesn't open up immediately like it should. I remember that the guy I bought it from showed me a little demo, and when he closed it, he did some sort of twisting action. I don't know exactly what to do.

So yeah, any advice would be great!

Thanks,
Rupayan

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Hey guys, I recently got an appearing cane and I'm having some trouble with it. It was used, so I don't know if that was a problem, but the person I bought it from used it fine, so I'm just pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. This thread is really meant for people who actually have one of these. Thing is I bought this at a magic yard sale (it was pretty cool), and it didn't come with any instructions.

So one problem I think is that I don't think I'm closing it right. It's really hard to close it/compact it, and I hardly ever get it to its fully compacted form. And when I do, it doesn't open up immediately like it should. I remember that the guy I bought it from showed me a little demo, and when he closed it, he did some sort of twisting action. I don't know exactly what to do.

So yeah, any advice would be
Thanks,
Rupayan

do you use a silk ? maybe the silk is too big

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I'd bring it back and get a few tips from the person you bought it from. Lets say if it is was slightly off from other appearing canes, he would know how to adjust it best since it use to be his.
No harm in that.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Thanks for the advice guys. Just wondering, is it supposed to be greased or something? Because it seems kinda dirty, so maybe i need to grease it? Idk.

I did it with a silk first, and since that was the first time, it worked. Later I took it out, as it was not working. Also, when I got the silk out, it was kinda dirty, so I'm guessing that was some kind of grease?

Thanks,
Rupayan

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Before you attempt to close it..twist it a little bit to the other side so it gets a little lose..then close it in one move...also...storage it in the extended form...

Listen to Luis. It needs to be twisted to loosen it and it should be stored open. If you want the instructions, PM me your e-mail address and I'll scan them and e-mail them to you.

Also, don't grease it with anything. Just wipe it down with a dry lint free cloth to get the dust of it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results