Arcane Deck: The Review

Jul 18, 2009
Well I thought I would review these as no one else has yet.

Looks: The cards have a definite "style" to them. If they fit your style they might be some of the best cards out there. If not than they might not be great for you. They happened to fit my style so I liked how they looked a lot. I did like how the dot density was tightened up as it drove me crazy on the Shadow Masters. I also liked how the black and white designs were different but just barely. Overall 9/10

Quality:
Stock- Great stock, it is very springy and thinner than most of Ellusionist's decks. However it is thicker than normal bikes. I like the stock a little thick but not too thick so it is great for me. Overall 8/10

Finish- The cards have a great finish. However it is different than a lot of decks. For example Vipers have a waxy feel (in my opinion) to them. This finish feels "hard". It is much more similar to a bicycle finish than for say a Guardian finish. I happen to like that so I was very pleased. Overall 8/10

Final Thoughts: The box looks great (again this is only in my opinion). The wraparound design is very interesting. The cards fan and spread well but when fanned the top scroll on the white deck shows. The white deck has a mosaic pattern and no border but the black deck has a border and wings in the corner. The cards are not true inverse designs but look very similar. The deck comes with a double backer which made me happy. There is also a gaffed joker that says 3HEARTS. I am not a big fan of gaffed reveals so I didn't care too much about this.

Overall: 8.3/10

There's my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
It would be so much better if the black deck had a white border. Not a big fan of getting out the ol' black sharpie to color the edges! Passing on these!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results