Arccos or Aladdins?

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
I wanted to get some new cards and at the same time try something different I've never had either of these, so if I could get someone's opinion please and maybe reasons to help me understand why you think so.

Thanks, Erick.

Edit: Lol, I meant Arrcos.. not arccos.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
Ok, thanks. I've also heard that newer Arrcos like the green/black are coming out bad (bad fans, dribbles, and spreads) So I was wondering if someone has gotten a blue or red deck of Arrcos recently those being the colors that I'm going to buy

Dec 26, 2009
If you want to try something different try out the Aladdins. I use them all the time. I love them.

The Aladdins that Patrick Kun uses are actually Air Cushion finish so there isn't any real difference between them and a deck of bikes. The smooth finish Aladdins are not for everyone but I love them. Watch out on ebay though when buying Aladdins. See my post here before buying any Aladdins. http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?31915-Lots-of-Questions&p=347793#post347793

If you live in the US and have a Wal-Mart nearby you can actually get a similar deck of cards to the Aladdins for a third of the price. At Wal-Mart they have a deck of cards called "Streamlines" they are Arrcos and have a smooth finish like Aladdins. They are well worth the dollar you will spend on them and IMO are actually better quality cards then the most recent printing of Aladdins that are available.

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
The Streamlines at my Wal-mart are plastic coated and are quite terrible. I would just get both but I can't find a seller selling both so I can get a good deal on shipping.

Dec 26, 2009
The Streamlines at my Wal-mart are plastic coated and are quite terrible. I would just get both but I can't find a seller selling both so I can get a good deal on shipping.

Streamlines are not "plastic coated" they have the same smooth finish as Aladdins. I know the Joker says "plastic coated" but they aren't. I guess you can consider them plastic coated but they are a higher quality plastic coating as are Aladdins. The regular Arrco Jokers say "plastic coated" on them as well but regular Arrcos are air cushion. If you don't like the Streamlines then I would suggest you do not buy Aladdins.

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
But the Streamlines could barely fan right out of the box they would clump up and it was just terrible, don't get me wrong they 'feel' fine they just aren't good at spreads or fans. So if they are anything like the Aladdins, no thank you.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
If you want to try something different try out the Aladdins. I use them all the time. I love them.

The Aladdins that Patrick Kun uses are actually Air Cushion finish so there isn't any real difference between them and a deck of bikes. The smooth finish Aladdins are not for everyone but I love them. Watch out on ebay though when buying Aladdins. See my post here before buying any Aladdins. http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?31915-Lots-of-Questions&p=347793#post347793

If you live in the US and have a Wal-Mart nearby you can actually get a similar deck of cards to the Aladdins for a third of the price. At Wal-Mart they have a deck of cards called "Streamlines" they are Arrcos and have a smooth finish like Aladdins. They are well worth the dollar you will spend on them and IMO are actually better quality cards then the most recent printing of Aladdins that are available.
Well, personally, I hate Streamlines but I love Aladdins. I don't think there is THAT much similarity as I can stand one and can't stand the other. I agree Goth, the Streamlines that I have bought aren't very good either. Or at least, they did not meet my expectations.

Dec 26, 2009
Well, personally, I hate Streamlines but I love Aladdins. I don't think there is THAT much similarity as I can stand one and can't stand the other. I agree Goth, the Streamlines that I have bought aren't very good either. Or at least, they did not meet my expectations.

I understand what you mean. When I first opened my deck of Streamlines I didn't like them either. Streamlines as well as Aladdins are one of those types of decks that get better the more broken in they are, much like Lee Asher's Fournier playing cards. I actually had to handle the Streamlines for about a week straight to break them in well, but in all actuality I didn't like Aladdins when I first got them either. I thought they were too slick and they hurt my hand to spring. The Streamlines I have open right now fan and spread just as well as the Aladdins I have open.

There are differences. I am not saying they are the same but they are similar once broken in. I would say the biggest differences between the 2 decks is the thickness of the stock and the actual cut of the decks. The Aladdins are a stiffer deck and a bit more smooth on the edges. As far as finish goes I would not be surprised if it was the same technique to finish the current run of both of these decks.

Aug 19, 2009
Just a note on the streamlines, if they say Made In China, they don't do anything well. The ones that are Made In USA handle fairly well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results