Are Midnight NOCs fully value marked?

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
I just got my SNC win deck and I have noticed that I think they are not just marked for suits but for value as well. Can anyone confirm me this cuz I can't figure out the pattern. Let's take an ace of spade for example you can find a spade with the card that has one pointed corner as per the usual noc markings and here in this deck the spades has one pointed corner. But since this deck has got 3 borders(the outer black border, the middle thin white border, inner black border). Here things gets interesting. Let's say you are finding the suits by the outer most border. If you look at the ace of spades the pointed corner has all the borders of that corner as pointed but if you look at 2 of spades there are only 2 borders with the pointed corners.

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
Just figured it out. They are indeed fully marked. And the marking is genius. Moderators if you want this secret to remain a secret and something left for others to figure out themselves then I give you full permission to delete this thread cuz I can't delete it myself

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Maybe my eyes are just getting old, but I find the NOC marking system to be incredibly hard to read quickly, and IMO fairly useless since you need to see all four corners clearly.

On the other hand, I fully realize that I am not a magician, but as a layman it seems to me that other systems, like Ondrej Psenicka's Butterfly playing cards, are far easier to use.

Reactions: 131 and Furrukh

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
agreed, there are better marked decks out there, but this is the most hidden marking system I have come across, even magicians knowing abt the the NOC system would find it difficult to figure out what the system is if they are not familiar with the Black Nocs

Aug 8, 2018
Just figured it out. They are indeed fully marked. And the marking is genius. Moderators if you want this secret to remain a secret and something left for others to figure out themselves then I give you full permission to delete this thread cuz I can't delete it myself
Are you able to share the marking system as I’m still trying to figure out the value lol
Thank you

Aug 8, 2018
Are you able to share the marking system as I’m still trying to figure out the value lol
Thank you
Lol disregard .. after figuring out the the point system assigned and what determines top and bottom of the cards I was able to figure out the value and suit of each card :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results