Are T11 Custom Decks Thick?

Aug 24, 2008
There >
Hey guys, title says it all. I've had a variety of custom decks from Ellusionist and even though they look sick, I prefer using normal Bicycle cards for magic because they are nice and thin. My question is, are the custom cards from Theory11 (Centurions/Guardians/DDLions) thick as well? Cause if they are the regular stock thin gauge, I'm definitely getting some!

Thanks! :D

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
The 2nd Edition Guardians and Centurions are thicker than both normal and E cards. At least, that's what it looks like at first glance. They also seem to weigh more in the hands, although that might be imagination.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I got out my Guardian Deck last night, and it seemed really freakin thick. But I guess it was just me, because I put it next to a regular deck, and it was only like two cards bigger. :confused:

D

Deleted member 2755

cents and guardians are a couple of cards bigger than the bikes
the split spades however, feel crisp and smooth and thin. great for magic.

I put my Split Spade deck right next to my Ghost deck and my Split Spade deck was one card thicker than my Ghost deck...

As for Guardians being compared to E decks... my Guardian deck is just as thick as my Ghost deck, but I'm also missing one of my Guardian cards. So I guess you could say Guardians are about one card thicker than E decks as well.

-Doug

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
hmm... im not a regular user of the ghost deck.

I think you're missing out, then... Although I don't endorse E, I have to admit that the Ghost Deck is one of the smoothest decks out there. The best deck that E has ever handed out, on par with Tally-hos as my favorite cards. (The rest of E's decks are somewhere near the bottom of my card rankings list :p )

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Unlike Blue Shirt above, I am an E fanboy. Um, fanman. Whatever.

Everyone who has said that T11 cards are thicker than Ghosts are correct. The Guardians, according to my measurements, are the thickest cards out there. If you're searching for a thinner custom card, the Ghosts are what I'd normally recommend. But in your situation, because you think Ghosts are too thick, stick with Bicycles or Tallys.

If you're looking for variety, something other than red or blue Rider backs, try searching out some of the different colored Bicycle decks (Target and Wal-Mart stores usually have plenty). Or search out Hoyle cards, which are essentially Bicycles with a different style. Hoyle's shell back cards are made by the USPCC with Air Cushion finish. You can get a two-pack at Wal-Mart; look in the party favors. Or search out Studs, which are exclusive to Walgreens.

I swear by Ghosts, because the finish performs better in fans and gives the deck longer life. Centurions are a close second; their style and handling are almost enough to push them over the Ghosts for my performances. (Is it just me, or do the edges of a new deck of Centurions feel more rough than other cards?)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results