Art... Magic...

Aug 31, 2007
California
Art... Magic.

Is it the same? Or is it different?

Some people, such as myself, say that magic can be taken to the level that it turns into an art, it just isn't seen very often. Others will say that magic cannot be taken into an art and it never can be.

What is your opinion?

I will post my thoughts later. I'm very interested in everyones thoughts on this.

Keenan

Sep 1, 2007
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Magic is an art,

Maybe one of the best. It can be elegant, beautiful, mysterious, breath taking, powerful, shocking, and absolutely wonderful all at the same time.

People respond to magic more than anything else I have ever encountered.

Once again, I think it is entirely up to the performer to make his or her magic an art. The performer must see the magic as an art, if not it will simply be another group of tricks. Artists put their heart and soul into what they do, whether it's a painting or a play, their entire heart is poured out into that one piece of art. That's what magicians who believe their magic is an art need to do. They need to become the artist so that their magic can become an art.

Mitchell

Art is very difficult, if not impossible, to define, it is highly subjective. With that in mind, the answer is "it depends". It depends on both the performer (artist), and the person watching the performance (art). The two have to be properly aligned for "art" to occur. I believe it is possible to perform magic in such a way that it would generally be considered art, just as it is possible for the more standardly recognized forms of art to be performed/produced in such a way that it would generally not be considered art.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Thanks for the input guys, if you have anything else to add feel free..

For my thoughts, I basically agree with what Mitchell said. Some have the ability to create magic, that goes over the boundries into art. It's so beautiful that it IS art. Most, don't have this ability. Which is why we do not see this very often.

Keenan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results