Art Of Astonishment

Oct 31, 2007
I have been seeing a lot of things about Art of Astonishment out there and I've heared it's pretty amazing. I just wanted to get your guy's opinion on the book.

I just finished RRTCM and started Expert Card Technique. What other books do you suggest that I get after ECT.? I don't want to get ahead of myself here, I'm just looking toward the future. Also do you suggest AOA?

Thanks,

Orin10

Oct 9, 2007
Well you've defintately gone down the right path of RRTCM then ECT. Though, ECT is a hell of a lot harder than RRTCM, especially if you want to learn all the passes and false deals. But that's not the point...

It depends if you want to stick with card magic or not. If so, Card College is brilliant but expensive - it covers pretty much every commercial sleight with hundreds of tricks and routines that you can do it really will last you the rest of your life.

If you want to branch out into different types of magic then AOA is a good place. It still has lots of card tricks but also has loads of other types. Pencils, paper, leafs - you name it and theres probably a trick using some random item.

MWCCIM is another great book which covers coins, rope, cards and a few other genres including stage magic.

MWCCIM is a lot cheaper aswell. Obviously it doesn't cover half as many tricks as AOA but it will definately keep you going.

Hope this helps.

Oct 31, 2007
Thanks for that. I guess what I'm really looking for is a book or dvd no preference, that has really great card effects in them that involve mostly sleight of hand. I hope I dont sound like I'm getting ahead of myself. I have figured out that ECT is pretty tough so far. As far as the second deal and the passes... it's kicking my butt. I don't want to be a half*** magician who reads ahead I just want to know what has been used by you guys who are much more experienced than me.

Orin10

Dec 13, 2007
I love AOA

I always refer to it if i need a trick or something

There are some excellent card stuff in the books as well as coins and many other things

I would definately get it if your looking for a large genre of tricks

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
I say go for it. Get the whole set. I know some people here think in order to be a good magician you need to get a new magic book every 10 years. I however, disagree with that notion and think that the books will give you great material that doesn't take too long to master. You can just go out and perform, which I think is the most important of magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results