Audience doesn't like you.

Sep 3, 2007
Even if you're the most likeable guy on the planet you will have problems with the magic. It's tough because every spectator sees it in a different way.

The question is, how the heck to make them interested considering they all have different belief systems?

Thanks.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
All you have to do is be a good performer. It is easier for people to like you than not like you. It is not rocket science. It is having fun and being a good performer. So what about their belief systems. In public it is considered rude to talk about religion, politics or s**. So they won't talk about their beliefs on religion, if that is what you are implying.

It is not tough, though yes, every spectator sees what you do differently that doesn't make it bad. It makes it good. If they don't like magic don't perform for them. If they are not interested it is because your magic is weak, you forced the magic on them, or they don't want to see it.

The reason why people tell jokes in a comedy house is because the people there want to hear jokes.

The reason why circus people stand on elephants, walk on tightropes and eat fire is because the people attending want to see that stuff.

The reason why magicians perform in the Magic Castle is because the people there want to see magic.

Perform for people that you know want to see magic and make sure that you are presentable with quality, entertaining magic.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
You're always going to run into maybe one or two people who don't like being entertained for whatever reason. The thing to do is to ackowledge them, but don't focus on them. You'll end up wasting your energy and losing the people who WANT to enjoy it.

I don't think the audiences beliefs even play into it. People want to be entertained, and thats your job as a magician; to provide your audience with a good quality performance in exchange for their time or money. Their beliefs won't matter, so long as they feel they've been well entertained, they'll suspend their beliefs for that time being.

I've seen a few magicians who I can't stand as individuals give outstanding performances to which I have to acknowledge, because I was at the least entertained. It doesn't change the fact that I still think they're douches, but at the least I was entertained.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results