Aussie flourishers

this is a question for any Australian flourishers, or anyone who feels like posting.
I am fairly new to flouishing, or XCM (if there's a preferred term let me know) been doing magic for a while, got xtreme beginners a while back, and recently the dan and dave experience. my question is, where do you other Australian flourishers, buy your cards from. i've been looking around. i've found so far that i really like TH9's, rather than bikes. i hear stud's are good, but expensive. naturally jerry's are out of the question. (unless someone has a lot of them to give away :))

i'm talking bulk here, best i've seen is 60 decks of TH9's for $100 US. sent them an e-mail about postage prices, but nothing back yet.

anybody who knows where to get lots of cards for a reasonable price with low shipping, i'd greatly appreciate you sharing your favourite supplier.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Um I'm Aussie but not a flourisher more of a "everything but Xcm" type of person and I will tell you this Magicians in Australia will spend more than any other first world country as we live at the edge of the planet ( not litarally). Postage will cost more than the product if you buy over the net and if you buy from stores like

www.taylorsmagicshop.com
or
www.heyprestomagic.com.au

you get 1 tally or bike for 10$ AU.... a lot i know

So i suggest you get decks of Ebay or E or PEnguin and dont buy 60 Decks.....

I barely go through 20 a year...

Ok good luck with you flourishes...

Cya

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
Those prices are pretty good for bikes.
I'm keen on getting some Tally's too. If there are a few people we could do a bulk order and split the cases.

The best and cheapest way to get Bikes tho is get an American friend who uses paypal and has a Costco membership to go and buy them and send them by the 12 pack. Should work out at the very most the same price as the site.

Mate, I think you're gonna love me for this:

www.808cards.com

Although they only sell bikes. Really good deals though!!!

Don't know about Tally's though.

i actually looked at this site already.

but i really prefer tally ho's for flourishing. they have a thinner card stock. found a sit that sells them for $20 by the dozen, but i'm just waiting to seee how much postage will be.
i'd be willing to buy with someone or lots of people. more than 20 dozen and the price drops to $18.50 per dozen. split the shipping and we all get a good deal.
anybody in?

or me and my brother will just buy like 4 dozen and split the costs.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I
i actually looked at this site already.

but i really prefer tally ho's for flourishing. they have a thinner card stock. found a sit that sells them for $20 by the dozen, but i'm just waiting to seee how much postage will be.
i'd be willing to buy with someone or lots of people. more than 20 dozen and the price drops to $18.50 per dozen. split the shipping and we all get a good deal.
anybody in?

Is that $20 Aussie Cash or American? I think the postage will end up like Kardwell's shipping prices - it came out like $50+ for just shipping and more for the cards. I reckon 808cards has the best deals I have seen for getting bikes shipped to Australia.

You can't go passed 808cards for cheap bicycles, including postage it's $30 USD for 12 decks, that's awesome since most stores here sell them at $10 AUD each. I recently got 12 tallys for $50 USD inc postage, I think I found somewhere cheaper but they didn't accept paypal so I paid the other. I find tally's great when I want to spoil myself, but if I'm just grinding a move *cough LePaul Spread cough* then I'll use the cheaper Bicycles :)

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, I saw an advert for 808cards on decknique one time, took a look and i was so amazed cause i nearly wasted a whole lot on cards from www.magic.org but I still wanna get some other decks apart from bikes, maybe some tallys from batteries and butter anyways, i ended up buy 2 dozen and absolutely loved the prices!

I
Is that $20 Aussie Cash or American? I think the postage will end up like Kardwell's shipping prices - it came out like $50+ for just shipping and more for the cards. I reckon 808cards has the best deals I have seen for getting bikes shipped to Australia.

perhaps, but really i'm looking for TH9's. shipping is an issue, but when split it becomes reasonable. plus it beats paying $10 plus per deck.

and it's 20 AU but we're at 86.4 or something, so it's a good time to buy.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
anybody in?

If shipping doesn't make them too much I'd be keen for a couple of dozen.
might be able to get others here interested also.
I only want fan backs though, not circle backs.

Hi, I live in Brisbane and I have found the best price for Tally-Hos is a online shop based in Sydney called starburst games. If you buy around 36 decks including shipping i think it works out at around $5 a deck or a bit less. Hope this helps.
Oh and if anyone lives in Brisbane and knows of a good local magic or card shop please PM me.
Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
perhaps, but really i'm looking for TH9's. shipping is an issue, but when split it becomes reasonable. plus it beats paying $10 plus per deck.

and it's 20 AU but we're at 86.4 or something, so it's a good time to buy.

Yeah, my friend and I bought the 12 deck value pack and it came to like ~$37 Australian - including shipping! That's like $3 a deck shipped!

Dang. Still can't find any good deals for Tally's to Australia. I f I do I'll let you guys know.;)

Hiro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
So far the best I have found is what ozzymagic has said. Starburst Games. $63 AUD for a dozen. That's without shipping as I said I will go and pick it up from them as I live in Sydney. I haven't had the chance to buy from them yet but I will in the near future.

Hiro

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results