Australian Coins

Sep 3, 2007
Hey guys, I'm looking to get into coin magic and I'm from Aus. I have heard a few people say that Australian coins are extremely difficult to perform coin effects with because of there sizes and weight and also due to very little gimmicked effects made for them. I know i could just use US coins, but i want the freedom of just being able to pick up a coin or be given one by anyone and to start performing. I have some questions...

How does the US 50c compare to the Aus 20c (in terms of size)? Can the Aus 20 be used to muscle pass or is it too small?

Has anyone found a coin suitable for Sinful?

WHere can I purchase Australian coin shells?

THanks

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
What City are you from?

there are some 20c shells floating around, I'm about to bring some in that are being custom made for me at the moment.

You can muscle pass any size coin, it just takes practice. And 20c are smaller than US50c.

Hi mate, it is true Australian coins are harder to work with. However you just need to get used to them. It is all personal preference for me i like the 20 cents because it is a bit bigger and fits my hands although some of my freinds prefer 10 cents it is completely up to you:). As far as sinful goes 10 cents works very well. Hope this helps :)

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I use 20's and they are perfect. I love 'em, and think they are the exact right size for me.

And yes, you can get gimmicks and such for them, you just have to know where to look ;)

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
You might wanna keep it low key on the Aus shells (or any gaff for that matter)......it is illegal after all....
On the other hand if you're looking for a good aus coin to do magic with, you should try the old 50c pieces, they're round and they're made of silver.
slightly bigger than a half dollar, very very easy to handle and they look great.

Sep 3, 2007
How much are you looking at spending on a shell?
I can tell you that due to not being able to get them easily mass produced the price is higher than the US equivilent.

Hmmm.... Well if it's more than the US ones I probably wouldnt't be willing to pay for that much. I'm do not perform often enough to make it worthwhile.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
By More than the US, I mean that we're not talking the same as Tango Magic can make a half dollar shell for.
It's still cheaper than buying a set of say, Walking Liberty halfs from Todd Lassen or Schoolcraft.

Sep 2, 2007
Melb, Australia
sinful hasn't been working for me, it only works for "some" cans, especally the newer cokes i think, and 5c's are just too small to work with

you can MP a 20c, thats what i am working on at the moment

*edit this if theres any exposure thanks*

What I would love to have would be a bite out 10c coin. By the way, if your having problems muscle passing coins, try poker chips then move onto coins. Poker chips go really fast because they are light.

Yeah sinful has been difficult for me... I've only ever seen one can that it worked with a 10c coin.
I've been looking for shells for a long time... the thing is you need special permission from the Mint to get them made. The best solution I know of is to use US coins and say, "Let me show you something with these american coins, it works better with them coz they're made of cheaper material." :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results