"Australia's Best Magician"

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I've just come across a guy who claims to be Australia's best magician and I was wondering if anyone had heard of him before?

James Galea.

I've been watching a few of his videos on YouTube and I have to say, he's pretty damn good; really good with vanishes, good card handling.

He's got a show called 'I Hate Rabbits' and I think I might go if I can.

Anyway, pretty sure this is his channel http://au.youtube.com/user/jimmyg8181 although it doesn't say it is (Jimmy G? come on :p)

Check him out.. what do you think?

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I have seen a few of his material before, and he is quite a performer and a funny guy. I was planning to go to his I hate rabbits show, but due to commitments I wasn't able to.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I've just come across a guy who claims to be Australia's best magician and I was wondering if anyone had heard of him before?

James Galea.

I've been watching a few of his videos on YouTube and I have to say, he's pretty damn good; really good with vanishes, good card handling.

He's got a show called 'I Hate Rabbits' and I think I might go if I can.

Anyway, pretty sure this is his channel http://au.youtube.com/user/jimmyg8181 although it doesn't say it is (Jimmy G? come on :p)

Check him out.. what do you think?

I've been thinking of going to his show. It'll be interesting to see what his presentations are - being comedy + magic put together.

From his YouTube videos, he looks to have perfectly solid sleight of hand and very good audience control; nothing revolutionary from a magician's point of view, but he's solid. I don't know about "best", though. I imagined the best to have more chops than that.. As I said - solid... Just nothing that in my opinion warrants spectacular, from his YouTube. But then again, YouTube is an poor judge of many magicians' skill.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I wonder how they judge a magician to be the "best".
I believe its a combination of his sleight of hand ability, with the way he entertains people and various other achievements. I know that there are people out there in Australia, who are more better in sleight of hand, but few equals James, in terms of entertainment value, which is pretty much what magic is about.

Take Criss Angel for example, sure not many magicians respect the way he performs magic, but still he is able to entertain the general public far better than a lot of other magicians and also is able to relate to the youth of today, hence which is why he won magician of the year 3 times.

Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
He's not...

I don't think even James thinks he's the best. He is just learning how to publisize like the best. Who do we know from history that claimed to be 'The Best Magician In The World'? Here's a hint - It starts with 'H' and ends with 'arry Houdini'...Harry Houdini. Houdini wasn't technically an incredible magician but he is remembered as the best because he said he was the best. James Galea wants to be known...outrageous claims his how he's gonna do it.

My thoughts.

Peace,
Rev.

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
I personally would not judge him as the "best" don't get me wrong he is good and entertaining but I expected his moves to be clear and flawless which some were not I really did not like his DLs :s but he still put on a good show and really hit the layman good and in the end thats what really matters so 5/5

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
He's not...

I don't think even James thinks he's the best. He is just learning how to publisize like the best. Who do we know from history that claimed to be 'The Best Magician In The World'? Here's a hint - It starts with 'H' and ends with 'arry Houdini'...Harry Houdini. Houdini wasn't technically an incredible magician but he is remembered as the best because he said he was the best. James Galea wants to be known...outrageous claims his how he's gonna do it.

My thoughts.

Peace,
Rev.

Mind you he is not "best in the world" but said to be "best in Australia"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results